Is there a way to remove a contact section from the People app W10??

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
My problem is that i can't permanently delete a group of contacts on the people app.

So,
Skype added Skype contacts which cant be deleted.
One time i synced Facebook beta contacts on my phone but after i changed my mind even if i turned sync off the contacts where still there and after deleting all contacts i still see the option to see these contacts on the filters even if they are all gone.

Picture: http://prntscr.com/fcpd7e

The main problem is that the phone app that has no filtering or ignores the filters you have on the people app will show every contact i have in the app when i choose to call from the phone book. Since no filtering exists i want to remove these contacts from the people app (and i don't really need them there), is there any way to remove them? Especially for Skype :/

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
My problem is that i can't permanently delete a group of contacts on the people app.

So,
Skype added Skype contacts which cant be deleted.
One time i synced Facebook beta contacts on my phone but after i changed my mind even if i turned sync off the contacts where still there and after deleting all contacts i still see the option to see these contacts on the filters even if they are all gone.

Picture: http://prntscr.com/fcpd7e

The main problem is that the phone app that has no filtering or ignores the filters you have on the people app will show every contact i have in the app when i choose to call from the phone book. Since no filtering exists i want to remove these contacts from the people app (and i don't really need them there), is there any way to remove them? Especially for Skype :/

It sounds pretty similar to what happened to me recently.

A lot of my contacts numbers were added to to my Skype account. This caused me to see two numbers under a profile in the people app... So example, for Tom i would see "Mobile - 12345678" and "Skype -12345678". Very .. Very annoying.

If this is the same problem you are having, this is how i fixed mine. I went to the Skype app and deleted the contacts (very time consuming!). i thought this would have fixed it instantly but they were still there in the people app. However, after uninstall and reinstalling the Skype app, the contacts were gone.

Be sure to have the "Do not use my contact list"option ticked in Skype . Mine was always off so I have no idea how this happened and Skype just forced my contact list.

But all is well now. Hope this helps :)

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey thanks it worked at least for Facebook, but Skype even if i have the option "Don't use my adders book" as the default option, before uninstall and after installation this was still the option.
It just invaded the people app XD at least now it doesn't copy everyone on Skype as Skype contacts,
this cleared my Skype contact list :D

Maybe it has to do something with my Skype account and MS account being linked but i don't intend to unlink since its handy, i hope someday they will listen on feedback and add filtering on the phone app :')

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss