Is there another way for disabling preview for developers other than the WP app?

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm from India with a L520 running WP 8.1. I would like to wait for the official cyan fix for developers and then update to the GDR1 preview. So was going to opt out of the preview program.

But the problem is I was not able to see the app in the app list (the store says it is installed). Tried reinstalling it via the WP site which didn't work either.

I would like to know if there is any other way to opt out and in the preview program like by logging into any website.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you want to opt out or simply downgrade your device to windows phone 8.0 , use nokia recovery tool. Backup all your data a this will erase all the data. Later once successfully downgraded don't install the preview for developers app.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
If you want to opt out or simply downgrade your device to windows phone 8.0 , use nokia recovery tool. Backup all your data a this will erase all the data. Later once successfully downgraded don't install the preview for developers app.
Yes, this was an option for me. But considering the hassle of going through that long steps of backing up, downgrading and restoring I decided to keep it as the last option. The removal of the verge app from the store didn't help either as I won't be able to install it again. Is there any simple way?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this was an option for me. But considering the hassle of going through that long steps of backing up, downgrading and restoring I decided to keep it as the last option. The removal of the verge app from the store didn't help either as I won't be able to install it again. Is there any simple way?

Open the app and remove the tick from receive developer preview updates ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss