Is there any chance that a core app might get corrupt if a WP8.1 backup was restored in W10M?

Rohit Duggal

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Is there any chance that a core app might get corrupt if a wp8.1 backup was restored in w10m ?

Had a lumia 620 , installed build w10m build on it , did a hard reset , logged in with my msft account and restored from a backup which was made in wp8.1 . That bulid gave performance issues like , flickery scrolling , battery drain etc. So I rolled back to wp8.1. And now 8.1 too giving exactly the same issues , font was like w10m , battery drain , flickery scrolling.

A peculiar thing I noticed was , when I was on the w10m build , I switched the glance screen on , so now when I rolled back to 8.1 using WDRT , the phone by default had the glance screen on. Earlier this never happened . I've tried everything , like flashing and all , but the issues are still there..
Logged in with the same backup onto my 1020 , and guess what , same issues on 1020 too..
I've posted this before , but no one could help.. ( Just another try.. )
I've got a strong feeling that the glance screen app has malfunctioned. If you're on 8.1 , if you open your glance screen app , it kinda flickers , and that's happening on all my apps , like gallery , instagram etc. Not to mention the battery drain , I lose 3-4% of the battery when I restart my phone.
Is there a solution to this ?
I'm through with flashing !

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there any chance that a core app might get corrupt if a wp8.1 backup was restored in w10m ?

Chances are you have caused some sort of corruption by restoring a WP8.1 back up which now has been backed up in a corrupt state.

What you should have done is after the hard reset is not restore at the wizard but sign in later to sync your text messages and contacts.

I know it's not ideal but that would be the best way to go about it.

So you will need to hard reset not restore, then add your microsoft account and turn on text message back up since your now on Wp8.1 (and choose all time - under text message download settings) this will download all your text messages back. Your contacts will sync automatically presuming you have been adding them to your Microsoft account.

Rohit Duggal

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is there any chance that a core app might get corrupt if a wp8.1 backup was restored in w10m ?

Chances are you have caused some sort of corruption by restoring a WP8.1 back up which now has been backed up in a corrupt state.

What you should have done is after the hard reset is not restore at the wizard but sign in later to sync your text messages and contacts.

I know it's not ideal but that would be the best way to go about it.

So you will need to hard reset not restore, then add your microsoft account and turn on text message back up since your now on Wp8.1 (and choose all time - under text message download settings) this will download all your text messages back. Your contacts will sync automatically presuming you have been adding them to your Microsoft account.

I've already tried hard resetting like a million times.( Then logging in without restoring anything. )
And as I mentioned above in the post , tried flashing too.. But still no results. I messed up both of my devices , didn't I ?

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I've already tried hard resetting like a million times.( Then logging in without restoring anything. )
And as I mentioned above in the post , tried flashing too.. But still no results. I messed up both of my devices , didn't I ?

If it's the glance screen app causing an issue, try the date trick on Wp8.1.

www.windowscentral.com/how-to-uninstall-oem-app-windows-phone

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Nothing else can be done ?
Since this 'glance screen' problem is just a speculation.

Well to be honest, other than flashing the rom, hard reset or trying to uninstall system apps there is nothing else I can think of. The only other options would be to wait for system app updates and see if they help or not and wait a few days see if it rectifies itself.

Lastly I'm guessing you have already tried soft reset.

Rohit Duggal

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

Well to be honest, other than flashing the rom, hard reset or trying to uninstall system apps there is nothing else I can think of. The only other options would be to wait for system app updates and see if they help or not and wait a few days see if it rectifies itself.

Lastly I'm guessing you have already tried soft reset.

Yup tried that too :|
So there's nothing I can do ?
It's a situation difficult to explain too..
I contacted msft support center and they keep telling me - " Check if the phone's software is upto date or not.."
I mean seriously.. :|

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yup tried that too :|
So there's nothing I can do ?
It's a situation difficult to explain too..
I contacted msft support center and they keep telling me - " Check if the phone's software is upto date or not.."
I mean seriously.. :|

Try uninstalling the glance app using the date trick see if that helps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FraJa