Is there anything coming in the way of a credit card scanner? I just bought the HTC ONE Windows ed.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am just amazed that there are these little companies that have the technology but want to charge an arm and a leg for you to use Windows to scan a card for payment. It's actually cheaper to keep an extra smart phone on the brand X OS so you can keep an affordable rate. As much money as Microsoft has you'd think they realize the credit card terminal business is about to change anyway and now's the time to get involved. I just dealt with something called Innerfence and the guy acted like they were competitive which they weren't. They had the card reader along with a higher per transaction fee, 2.9%, along with an extra 30 cents for working on Windows plus a $39 a month fee for working on the Windows phone. I presently have Paypal 2.4%, no monthly, GoPayment (Intuit) 2.5% and Square, 2.5%. No monthlies, 1% higher for entered numbers.

Is anything coming soon?

I really like Cortana and she definitely fills any needs that Siri caused me to develop. Seems better to me.

If Microsoft would just help some of the financial institutions write their bank software for depositing and the rest of the financials the other stuff would take care of itself. I knew what I was getting into but I can't stand Google and the snooping they do. I probably will always have an Apple and a Windows phone at this point. Just want the Windows phone to quickly catch up.

If I put this in the wrong forum let me know... Thanks...

MG..

Last edited:

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Definatively a weakness, also hoping this gets fixed quickly, I am currently using gopayment on the web, more expensive but I don't use it much

theetommyt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am seriously thinking of switching back to a new Moto X because this is a huge issue for me. It sucks, bad. At one point gopayment had a WP app back on wp7.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely a problem as Cube just went out of business as of 8/27/2014. They were 2.5% a swipe (cheaper than Square)

I am using a Note 3 (no service/ using Wi-Fi) to run credit cards with Square.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If you call GoPayment and tell them you want them to match Square they will. No more monthly. They are very fast getting your money into your bank. No problems with Square but I do take some out of town payments without the card from reliable customers. I've heard Square doesn't like that so I just use GoPayment. Just picked up Paypal since they offered it for free and I thought if anyone was going to do Windows it would be them. Nothing yet. I really can't figure out why anyone who was already a major player wouldn't pick up Windows even just to bump their numbers 1%. Imagine if someone would have banked only on Blackberry a few years ago. Don't know about the others but the HTC One for Windows is one smooth phone and what's done on it seems done exceptionally well right down to WeatherBug. (Maybe especially WeatherBug with their matching the screens with whatever the weather happens to be.) Some things like GasBuddy work but don't store your previous searches. Bit of a pain. They all look better or maybe that's just the gorgeous screen on the M8.

MG..

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am seriously thinking of switching back to a new Moto X because this is a huge issue for me. It sucks, bad. At one point gopayment had a WP app back on wp7.

I don't remember whether just a WiFi is enough to run your credit cards using the Brand X OS phone but it seems like a good thing to ask here. Can you just grab your old HTC One M7 that is no longer active, pop in the GoPayment reader and run it on your Windows WiFi hotspot to run your credit cards? Anyone? I guess I can try it tomorrow if no one knows.

Thanks... MG