Is there value in holding on to my Lumia 640 XL?

shanahben

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have slowly and carefully migrated to using an Android phone as my daily driver over the past year but have continued to use my Lumia 640 XL as a secondary device. I'm glad that it's still included in the recent Windows 10 Creators Update but can only hope too much for the future. I want to know if it's still worth keeping it around for another year until a new 'Surface' mobile device comes along or would it not make much of a difference if I completely stop using it now?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It seems unlike you'll get the late summer features or fall creators update if that's what you are asking.

Then again, MSFT has allowed people to use insiders preview to get builds they aren't normally allowed, so if it doesn't run terribly, you might get to try some of the new features out.

Shrug?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
No reason to hold on to it now get rid of it for something while u still can. It has limited device storage, and 1gb of ram and most likely won't get the next batch of updates....of it does it will be the last update it gets

Sent from Idol 4s

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I always keep a backup phone with me. My Idol 4S is the Tonto to my iPhone 7 Plus's Lone Ranger...the Chewbacca to my Han Solo. The real question is...if you lost your phone, what would you do? I'd be fine with the Idol if my iPhone was broken, etc. (Good to have a backup.)

But I covfefe...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria