Is this a confirmation of Windows 10 coming to Surface RT?

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope so:

Capturadepantalla42_zps291b78b5.png~original

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems pretty clear that Windows RT devices will be receiving Windows 10, the real question behind that is what version of Windows 10. It might be that they will act a lot more like phones if they run the mobile SKU of Windows 10.

HiC764

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it. It was oddly typed, but she seemed to be saying she would notify you if Windows 10 is released for the Surface RT. How is that confirmation?

Taube2

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems pretty clear that Windows RT devices will be receiving Windows 10, the real question behind that is what version of Windows 10. It might be that they will act a lot more like phones if they run the mobile SKU of Windows 10.

As far as we know at this point, phones and ARM-tablets (and maybe some Intel-tablets) will run the same SKU, so the UI should be basically the same on Windows RT devices as on WP devices - IF rt devices get the update, that is. During the Windows 10 event a new months ago they showed a presentation slide with a new start screen on phones AND tablets, with WP style navigation buttons (on-screen buttons on tablets, even in landscape mode). I assume that's how it's gonna be. I wonder how they will integrate the Surface RT's hardware Windows button into that.

nfrisbie3

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

If you look at the Windows 10 website over at Microsoft.com it has an asterisk which states the following:

Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1.

Which tells me they just don't want be to stop buying them. They led us on with Windows Phone 7 they kept saying up to the announcement that they plan on upgrades being available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99