Is this worth the off contract price?

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think I should be able to find a replacement for the 50 or so Android apps I use. The one think I always had problems with was podcasts. All podcast apps would mess up a lot when I had the Nokia 822. I always had problems with them autodowloading or only partially downloading. I tried to sync it with iTunes, but it did not work well. That is really the only hangup that I had with Windows Phone.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this would be an option for you but there is an Audible WP app and they have podcasts. The app works great too. Audio books play flawlessly and the live tile works perfectly. Just a thought.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 and love it, love it, love it. But there is an app problem, although it is getting better. But for me, I still can't log into my bank and deposit a check, see Facebook pictures that are messaged to me, post to native Instagram, and get any of the Google services I use.

So for many people, there is an app problem. For some, the lack of certain apps is a deal breaker.

For me, I'm taking the tradeoff for a great camera and preferred GUI.

Source: No USAA, Navy Fed, Instagram (native), Google Maps (native), YouTube (native), Gmail (ActiveSync Ends Dec 2013), Google Voice, etc...

Again, not knocking Windows Phone - I paid a good amount for my Lumia 1020 and support the platform, but not acknowledging the problem serves no good.

While there isn't a native Instagram app, there is an app out now called 6tag which allows you to post and see pics in Instagram. It may not have Google maps but I think Here Maps is actually pretty decent. lets face it, unless you actually get an Android phone, you'll have to give a little in Google services. You can use Google Voice to some extent but not "fully". Everything in life is pretty much a trade-off and we each have to weigh the pros and cons and decide. If Google services are important to you, then you probably shouldn't be tryng to switch to anything besides Android. When I went over to WP, I did so knowing I would be giving up some of that in exchange for what Microsoft could offer me. It's just the way it is. As for banking, I use Chase Bank which has an awsome app and probably is the best in its class.

D

Deleted member 199301

With the new price drop to $609.99 on ATT does Microsoft match the off contract price via the online store? And does the free Camera Grip offer apply to off contract purchase?

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Bmstrong,

I was at the Microsoft Store on Labor Day. The lady told me Labor Day was the last day that they were giving away the camera grip.

FCone

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I paid $700 the day before going on vacation. I took 760 amazing photos on that vacation. In my opinion the camera is worth the off contract price for me as while we own a DSLR I never have it with me. Now I pull out the phone I have with me and know I am getting a great picture.

Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon