Is windows 10 available on the 930 without insider preview?

DimplesMcGee

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The latest builds of windows 10 are decimating my battery life and I can't afford to have 4 hours battery life after charging overnight. Without using it, it literally lasts 4 hours unplugged.

I have decided to roll back and start from scratch without inside builds, until anniversary update - hoping there's a fix.

The windows 10 update is not appearing yet, been 4 hours since reset , so I'm wondering if its available for 930

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
The latest builds of windows 10 are decimating my battery life and I can't afford to have 4 hours battery life after charging overnight. Without using it, it literally lasts 4 hours unplugged.

I have decided to roll back and start from scratch without inside builds, until anniversary update - hoping there's a fix.

The windows 10 update is not appearing yet, been 4 hours since reset , so I'm wondering if its available for 930

yes the update is available for your lumia, in order to fetch the update and make it visible to your device. Download upgrade advisor from your windows phone 8.1 store. Follow the instructions in app and you will be successfully able to upgrade to windows 10. :)

*The latest build for non insiders are 10586.420 , make sure to update all your apps under store. If you face any issues, post it here and we will help you resolve them.

*It is advised that you do a hard reset after the upgrade but that decision is entirely yours to make.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
^ Yup.. what this guy said. You have to get the Upgrade Advisor app from the store.
What I'd like to add is don't forget to fully update. You'll get .107 build once you update from 8.1, but then be sure to update all the way to .456 which is the newest build. Then I would also suggest doing a hard reset - just to be sure, since things can get messy with big updates.
And yes, also don't forget to update all your apps once you're on .456 and did the hard reset. That will give you the best experience available.
One more thing I suggest is to get the Windows Insider app and join the release preview ring. You probably won't get .456 if you're not on it.
Have fun upgrading.

DimplesMcGee

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Any idea whether fast battery drain is fixed for Lumia's 830/930/1520 on any of the insider builds. I can't consider going back to any insider build or even the anniversary build unless this is fixed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Any idea whether fast battery drain is fixed for Lumia's 830/930/1520 on any of the insider builds. I can't consider going back to any insider build or even the anniversary build unless this is fixed.

According to Dona release blog, it's still under investigation 'cause experiences are vary (not ALL old chipset phones suffer it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs