It's too big and heavy

TheOneJohnHall

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
No way is this thing too big and heavy. It's so perfect now I can't wait to get to meetings and bust it out. When everyone is clicking away on their laptops, they spend most of the meetings just asking about my Surface, and "What all can it do?". Once it finally clicks that it's a full computer, they are just blown away. I've got a few friends that are putting some orders in.

As far as the weight specifically and size, I've always carried around my laptop, most the time it would stay in the trunk of my car and I'd use a pen and pad for meetings, now I just grab it and go, very light and easy to carry around the office. Plus when I'm at home watching shows on TV I can work/play while on the tablet side of life.

Great product!

MrJustastic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was never concerned about the "big" and the "heavy". Compared to the cases people put in their other pads its fine. (until they start finding cases for this too)

The only downside I see to the Pro is still the battery. I wish it could have as much life in it as the MacBook Air.. Fair enough it doesn't though, and I'm not going to compromise to an Atom processor.

vistamaster

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I waited 9 months to get it, but I have had my Pro for a week. I can say, without reservation, that this is the best hardware I have ever purchased. It makes Windows 8 look genius! And yes, I have an iPad 3, an iPhone 5 and a HTC 8X. After a bit, I believe I will be dumping that clunky iPad 3! Apple needs to wake up. From a hardware perspective, and even an OS perspective, Microsoft has trumped Apple by a generation or two. MS is only one step away from a unified operating system. Apple, well, they have some work to do. Without a more open environment, Apple will end up alienating its user base. Meanwhile, the apps for WP8, and Win8 are multiplying like rabbits.

I was a developer for Windows a few years ago. I got bored with it and moved on. Now, though, I am trying to come up with cool ideas for apps, because these platforms are actually user friendly and exciting. And MS is spending the time, money and resources to help developers - not restrict them... What's Apple doing?

Now to have some fun on my Pro! (BTW, the sound is astounding for such a small device!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bensdye