iTunes won't accept songs downloaded from Nokia Music.

Pratyush Kaushal

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've a Lumia 920 running the windows phone 8 Amber update, and the one year free Nokia Music subscription has been a godsend. My music collection's huge and I'd been wanting a device to store it all in one place. So recently I purchased an iPod Classic 160gb. Now the problem I'm facing involves the transferring of files I've downloaded from Nokia Music to iTunes. The version of iTunes I'm using is 10.7 (if at all that is relevant). So when iTunes scans my music library on my laptop, the only songs that get added to its library are the ones not downloaded from Nokia Music. I tried adding the songs from Nokia Music manually as well (by dragging the music folder or file onto iTunes), but to no avail. ITunes just doesn't seem to read them. Any help pertaining to this problem would be extremely welcome.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, I want to sync my songs on my ipad but it does not play those songs.
Reason :- the songs that are downloaded by nokia music are highly compressed and their bit rate is very low which iTunes or any idevice does not support,minium should be 128 bit I guess.
you can try converting your songs via different audio converter and then changing the song bit rate before converting it to mp3. Aftermath of converting will remove song metadata i.e song info,albumn name,alubm art

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It may be a music licencing issue. If that's the case then there's not a lot you can do about it.

However, if its a music file format issue, then it can be resolved. I moved my music out of windows media player and into itunes last month....and had to manually change every songs file format.

In itunes, you have the option in one of the drop down bars to import a music file and change it from wnm to....I think its asp format or something like that. Anyway, whatever the format name is, I had to convert all my tunes to Apple's music format.

I'll be back in front of my laptop in a couple of hours and will take a look at how I done it and get back to you

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The free Nokia Music Subscription does NOT give you access to free songs to OWN. Obviously, they are DRM protected and Nokia is promoting the use of their services and devices. If you purchase each song, from Nokia Music, Xbox Music, Amazon,... The DRM Free songs can be moved and played freely.

(I've never installed the Itune software. I use the ZUNE PC software to manage my music.)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The free Nokia Music Subscription does NOT give you access to free songs to OWN. Obviously, they are DRM protected and Nokia is promoting the use of their services and devices. If you purchase each song, from Nokia Music, Xbox Music, Amazon,... The DRM Free songs can be moved and played freely.

(I've never installed the Itune software. I use the ZUNE PC software to manage my music.)

they are all DRM free I am sure about this, have read somewhere, I could send to different mobiles via Bluetooth and they sound good but iTunes does not support low bit rate and that's the problem. ITunes only support 128bit rate and higher as ios devices have such requirements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zinedioo