JBL Powerup speakers

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now i know that these are a nokia exclusive and for the nfc charging capability i can see that as a given. But the actual sound reproduction is done via nfc and bluetooth so technically shouldnt any of the WP8 with nfc be able to use the speakers to play music wirelessly? Does anyone know if this is possible?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would be very supprised if you couldn't use any phone with Bluetooth music streaming.

In theory NFC is a standard, so something like the Galaxy S3 with NFC should work with it too.

Even iPhones will work, you might just need to pair manually.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would be very supprised if you couldn't use any phone with Bluetooth music streaming.

In theory NFC is a standard, so something like the Galaxy S3 with NFC should work with it too.

Even iPhones will work, you might just need to pair manually.
Yeah thats what im assuming - the nokia exclusive thing is bugging me though - Im also wondering if the beats audio amp in th 8X would improve the sound quality. Dont want to lay out money for one to find it doesnt work and it would be just my luck that nokia have somehow made the speakers and headphones locked to device rather than nfc and bluetooth standard - unfortunately i have not been able to find any info on whether it works with different handsets.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no doubt in my mind that bluetooth works across all devices. Nokia has traditionally been famous at following standards. We are not talking about Sony, Apple, Samsung that could have other interested. Nokia makes phones, that's it.
NFC with a non WP device in a other could possibly not work.

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have one of these for my 920. Can test with an iPhone later today. To me it seemed like the NFC chip just connected my 920 to the speaker via bluetooth. And the speaker does support manual bluetooth sync so pretty sure any phone with will.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have one of these for my 920. Can test with an iPhone later today. To me it seemed like the NFC chip just connected my 920 to the speaker via bluetooth. And the speaker does support manual bluetooth sync so pretty sure any phone with will.
Thanks - Perfect solution would be for someone thats got one to test it for me. Just wasnt sure on the availability of them yet.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the amp in the 8X would do anything with this since that only effects devices plugged into the headphone jack. Can't amplify something over BT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte