Joining a domain?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I need to test Windows 10 for work. But we're on a domain. Did anyone have any troubles joining a domain with Windows 10?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Why would it be OK to test at home but not in an enterprise? If you mean not use it as a production machine, that, I know ;)

Being an IT I need to be able to know how it works when the RTM comes out. That means not only Windows itself but how it interacts with our internal software. I've installed the previews from every build since Windows 8 for that very reason.

Hotphil: I didn't see different versions. Is there really a home and enterprise version?

kingbobyjr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why would it be OK to test at home but not in an enterprise? If you mean not use it as a production machine, that, I know ;)

Being an IT I need to be able to know how it works when the RTM comes out. That means not only Windows itself but how it interacts with our internal software. I've installed the previews from every build since Windows 8 for that very reason.

Hotphil: I didn't see different versions. Is there really a home and enterprise version?

Yes....there is an Enterprise edition. See the screenshot below. I almost missed it when I was downloading.

Capture.JPG

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, its way to early to test in the enterprise. Wait for RTM.

I am running it without issue on our domain. On my daily driver as an upgrade from 8.1 and a clean install into a VM.

My main machine has no touch screen and I never used the modern stuff at all before. With the new start menu I am actually using a few modern apps like twitter and Yammer rather than the web sites.

So far I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss