Just received an invite to buy Oneplus One in India.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I currently own a Lumia 1520, and last night out of nowhere I received one invite to buy an OPO. Since then I'm in the paradox, if I should go ahead and by it or not? I like what google have done with Lollipop, it looks far improved since the last time I've used it in the jelly bean times. OPO is also a great device taking into consideration all the reviews I've came across over the internet. I need quick advice here over the pros and cons of switching to OPO from my L1520, if some of may have done it or have experience with both the devices.

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've returned a oneplus one for a Lumia 1520. I came from a Samsung ativ s. Oneplus one is a great device. Fast, continuous updates from cyanogen, easy to change to another rom (miui, for example), good camera (l1520 much better), good display so l1520 better. Very good device for the price. But I prefer windows phone over android. That's the question.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
One plus one is decent. But if you're into taking pictures be prepared to be disappointed. As you progress... it begin to pales to the 1520

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
One plus one is decent. But if you're into taking pictures be prepared to be disappointed. As you progress... it begin to pales to the 1520

I agree with you in fact it's the main thing that's keeping me from making a quick decision. That being said I'm quite disappointed in L1520 front facing camera, which I use more often than the main camera and OPO seems to offer a great solution for that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oneplus is a rarity due to that invite system.

Why not get it, try it, and decide which phone you will keep? Oneplus rarity almost assures you could get your money back if you want to sell it in a week or so.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you in fact it's the main thing that's keeping me from making a quick decision. That being said I'm quite disappointed in L1520 front facing camera, which I use more often than the main camera and OPO seems to offer a great solution for that.

Selfies?? Selfies??!!!! Well I never...... !!

nilchak

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought a OnePlus (charcoal black) too on invite around 3 months back. Before that I was using a 1020.
I wanted a bigger screen and the OnePlus fit the bill in that respect.

But since camera was a consideration for me, I kept on to my 1020 for photo usage only.
Since you already have a big screen (provided you want it and like it) and a great camera, I don't see any advantage the Oneplus offers to you. Again, its a nice device but in my 3 months use I haven't found an aha moments with it. It works and that is a good thing.
Still actually prefer the Windows tiles look to the Android icons. But as I said, since I didn't get any 5.5 inch screened windows phone (1520 is a bit large for me), I am still sticking to the Oneplus. As a daily driver its pretty good. But if photos are what you would want, the Oneplus does disappoint.

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I switched after 9months from L1520 to OPO and after few months I started yearn back to WP and got L1520 again. OPO is very good purchase considering what it costs.

Things what I started miss from L1520 were the stability overall and good camera. OPO has ok camera but when you step out of it's "comfort zone" it starts having more or less big issues in capturing images/videos. As example I were doing some climbing last summer (sunny cloudless day) and tried capture some video of moving target and it was simply impossible. Camera couldnt focus to anything and was refocusing all the time -> ruined video. Pictures taken in same conditions can easily come out over- or underexposed. Low light photography is something not to do with that phone :).

Also there are some issues with software and it is prolly forever "work in progress". Myself I had plenty of battery drain, LTE/Bluetooth/GPS-connectivity issues and had to flash the device three times during that 2 months to get back to square one :I. But as time passed issues started gather up and it was just matter of time when to reflash again :D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo