Kauna. Music visualizer

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Kauna is a music visualizer. Kauna renders any sound reproduction in system. It can also capture audio from a microphone.
There are different dynamic and beautiful visualizations available:
  • Wave - frequencies as fine lines;
  • Confetti - colored discs, changing its size;
  • Bars - rainbow spectrum analyzer;
  • Burning clouds - bright visualization simulates illuminated clouds;
  • Plasma - old school effect with smooth transition of colors;
  • Sound level meter - virtual device for the measurement of volume (DB);
  • Triangular - light ring with triangles in the background;

triangular.jpg

Triangular

wave.jpg

Wave

bars.jpg

Bars

decibel.jpg

Sound level meter

Settings - sound level sensivity, automatic change of visualizations on a timer, select the sound card.
It supports phone and tablet/desktop with OS version 8.1+

Last edited:

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Good idea, x-2!
I've rated your app 5 stars on US market. BTW, have you announced this app on 4pda.ru forums? I believe you'll find a lot of fans of your app on that site ;)

I do have a couple feature requests to you:
  • instead of appbar button & separate page to choose visualization, use a swipe gesture;
  • please add standard coloring scheme for the spectrum analyzer (i.e. "Bars" visualization); I mean, colors or color gradient should be changed not by bars (i.e. frequency values produced by FFT) but by each bar size. Check my "Midi Player" app to see exactly what I mean.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey this looks pretty cool. And way better than the other music visualizers I've seen in the store. Does it support continuum?

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey this looks pretty cool. And way better than the other music visualizers I've seen in the store. Does it support continuum?

No, it doesn't. It's 8.1 app. I'll try to port it to UWP in one of future updates.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have now successfully used your app in continuum. Great app! It is also very good to have running in a big screen while you listen to music as a background in a room with several people.

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
1.8 update
Favorites list.
'Bars' visualization customizations.
'Swirl' visualization added.
swirl.jpg

Last edited:

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
v1.11 'Lasers' visualization added.
Soft visualization transitions added.
lasers.jpg

Last edited:

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
v1.14 update.
'Eclipse' visualization added.
Custom background setting.
Some premium visualizations added.
eclipse.jpg

hex.jpg

Last edited:

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Kauna gets 1.17 update.
New visualization 'Clock', new premium visualizatoin 'Broken line'. 'Wave' visualization gets 'mirrored' option.
broken_line.jpg

clock.jpg

Last edited:

x-2

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Nice work with this app. But I have some trouble with it. It´s not working when I chose system as a source of sound. Any advise? :)

The app uses WASAPI to get sound. It could be problem with some sound cards if your media player uses directsound or asio for example. You can try to change player output to WASAPI Shared. Or you can enable 'stereo mix' in the system and use microphone as source in the app. Unfortunately I failed to fix this problem programmatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12