[L1320] Folders?

harleycaddy2008

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Just received my new phone and i love it.Coming over from Iphone which is stale.How do I create folders from the home screen? I tried to hold the app and hover over the other and it doesnt work? Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just received my new phone and i love it.Coming over from Iphone which is stale.How do I create folders from the home screen? I tried to hold the app and hover over the other and it doesnt work? Thanks

You should be running the Cyan firmware update and/or updated the OS to Windows Phone 8.1 to be able to do this. Head over to Settings > Phone update and manually check for updates.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
You should be running the Cyan firmware update and/or updated the OS to Windows Phone 8.1 to be able to do this. Head over to Settings > Phone update and manually check for updates.

Cyan doesn't have this feature either. It comes with the WP 8.1.1 update. You can't yet do this. If you don't want to wait, you'll have to enroll in Developer Preview.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Cyan doesn't have this feature either. It comes with the WP 8.1.1 update. You can't yet do this. If you don't want to wait, you'll have to enroll in Developer Preview.

I stand corrected. I got live folders even before I received Cyan, which is ironic since it's a Denim feature. But as Nicholas Maguire said, you can choose to Enroll in Developer Preview by downloading the Preview for Developers App and following the instructions provided in it. You may choose to opt out of the program anytime you wish, but you can NOT roll back your phone to an earlier OS version without wiping all your data first once you've updated to a preview OS version.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download Preview for Developers, download 8.1.1, you get folders!

Or if you mean actual folders on the file system then download Files from Microsoft

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Folders

You can create folders using the Files app provided by Microsoft. Folders only appear on the phone's UI if there is content in them. Empty folders do not appear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte