L900 camera bar protector?

jeremyfcollins

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
While this doesn't directly answer the question, I can confirm that the BodyGuardz skins DO NOT cover the metal strip.

It's a bummer since I was about to buy one of these, but I don't see the point in creating a skin that doesn't cover the most scratch-prone part of a phone...

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Cut your own? Or use a piece of tape. On mine after my first one, I kept the protector strip on, just moved it a little lower so it didn't cover the lens itself.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I left the original tape cover on for a couple weeks but I eventually decided man-up and take my scratches lol. I only have a couple of minor ones, nothing major.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
The Zagg Invisible Shield gives you three options: screen, back/front (yes, including the metal plate), and FULL body.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T/Nokia gel case works great. It doesn't cover the bar, but it raises it enough that it doesn't touch any surfaces you place the phone on, and therefore the bar doesn't get the little scratches.

Another alternative is the Skinomi TechSkin full kit. Most of it looks awful on the phone imho, but it does have a separate piece for the bar. Maybe $20 or whatever it is seems like alot for just that little strip, but it does seem to work quite well.

or, of course, a piece of tape would work too ;)

Sounders

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone and screen is perfect but my chrome piece is scratched to **** lol. I think the best route is is a screen protector cut with an exacto.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Case finally came in today. It fits the phone better than I expected. Nice and snug. There's two different textures on the back, smooth and rough, which is kind of strange bit not too distracting. Buttons require a tiny bit more pressure but nothing to complain about. Seems like its gonna be a good way to keep the camera bar from getting any worse. Should also prevent the back from getting any more scratches. Gonna give the case a few days and see how I like it. So far the impression is good.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Decided to give this case a shot. There are no reviews for it yet but one of its variants got pretty decent reviews plus it's cheap.

Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Flexible TPU Case for Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T) - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Was gonna give the Skinomi case a shot but I don't feel like going through that much trouble to put it on.

Turns out this case is 100% garbage. The plastic is a dirt magnet. It's almost completely stained around the edges with dirt. There's also dirt streaks on the back. I tried getting the dirt off with water, alcohol, vinegar, goo gone, no luck. Someone's gonna get a negative review on Amazon! :(

I attached a pic to illustrate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC