Latest build stuck on installing.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
So I'm installing the latest build and it seems to be stuck in installing at 3% (Setting Up 8%). Is this just a really long install process or is there a problem?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess I got impatient after 1/2 hour on 5% I hard restarted. Automatically reverted back to the original build but now I'm stuck - can't seem to get the update to reattempt the install. Keeps failing the update after I hit the retry in the update applet. Clearly its not re-downloading... but when I try to run setup manually I get an error about not finding boot.wim. Any ideas??

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
For some reason it only uses 50% of my network bandwidth.

Well I put my Aspire 5755G stay on to download new build and off to campus.

Just hoping that it would be finished when I go back

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Would appreciate if you would report back your final outcome. If successful, just slooowwww, I'll feel more confident that I just need to figure out how to get the update to reattempt. <kicking myself>
It finished, but did take longer than on my desktop. After it finished it also downloaded a firmware update from 1/15/2015. Not sure why I didn't have that yet.

everything working fine after fixing Mail/People/Calendar. Except Norton Security, which is hosed both on desktop and the SPro now.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The install takes a loooooooooooooooong time. It gets stuck at intervals for ~20 minutes at a time with no progress but it gets there eventually.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine was stuck for about 2 hours at 30% so I hard restarted the PC, now I'm unable to redownload it. I'm trying varying measures. I'll let you all know when it works. I tried waiting but eventually realized that the "Applying PC Settings" being at 0% for that long meant nothing was happening.

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
It may just be because of too much of traffic!
So many people are trying to get this installed!
Even I'm stuck at 5% currently!
It's been more than 20 minutes now!

justin mcdaniels

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I guess I got impatient after 1/2 hour on 5% I hard restarted. Automatically reverted back to the original build but now I'm stuck - can't seem to get the update to reattempt the install. Keeps failing the update after I hit the retry in the update applet. Clearly its not re-downloading... but when I try to run setup manually I get an error about not finding boot.wim. Any ideas??
Delete a file in c drive its hidden called windowsb

Lora aka Jeannie A

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
It finished, but did take longer than on my desktop. After it finished it also downloaded a firmware update from 1/15/2015. Not sure why I didn't have that yet.

everything working fine after fixing Mail/People/Calendar. Except Norton Security, which is hosed both on desktop and the SPro now.

I have an Alienware desktop and the update just seems to stop. PC is on but monitor is black . I have been trying to do this update for the past three hours. I finally just did a hard shut down and will try again tomorrow. This has not been an easy update at all! I am pretty frustrated at this point.

Samuel Blair

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, got stuck at several intervals for a long time and then finally stuck at 97% for several hours. I did a hard reboot and got back to Win7 but now Windows Update is broken. I can't find "windowsb" so I may just try downloading the .iso and going that route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb