Leaving Mail On Server

GeeVeeW

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My mail server has unlimited storage. My phone does not. I use the email server as a repository for every email that I have ever sent or received, ever. That way if I need to reference past client correspondence it will be there.

I purchased a Windows phone thinking that it would be better for business, since my office is 100% Windows based. Apple is for fun stuff and Google is for if you want to base your business out of a virtual office on their servers in California. Windows is what I was looking for in a phone. So I thought.

My old Android handled email much more professionally. It had the check box to leave a copy of email on the server and not delete it when deleted off the phone. What am I supposed to do when my phone memory nears its limit. I guess I will have to delete all my email accounts from the phone and then re-create them. That would effectively delete all the emails from the phone while leaving them on the server. But what a pain, when it could have been as simple as checking a box.

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I already opened a thread in the nokia forums about two years ago.
Most people say it is ok like it is. But it is still not working like POP3 have to work.

POP3 should download the E-Mails from the POP3 Server and if an option is set delete them on the POP3 Server.
If i delete them on my phone, there should be an option to decide if they should deleted on the POP3 Server too.
If i delete them on the POP3 Server, they should not remove on my phone! Its the same if i download them on my phone, get over to my notebook with Outlook where the Option is set, to delete them on the POP3 Server after downloading them. They should not be removed from my phone!
If i would like to have some kind of Sync i could use imap or something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denial98