jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't any innovative solutions, either. I just popped in to offer empathy. I too, am living in a world that is inexplicably backwards.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
So I don't know if I am a true lefty While I write with my left hand most everything else is right handed I guess we need a definition of what left handed is.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I don't know if I am a true lefty While I write with my left hand most everything else is right handed I guess we need a definition of what left handed is.

guess that means ambidextrous?
i consider dominant writing hand the primary indicator, personally.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I write right-handed and throw right-handed, but I bat either way. I also rake leaves left-handed.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Heh... I was the only righty in a family of 5. Got a side of the table to myself though so we didn't bump elbows as kids.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Left handed for writing, but I throw, golf, and kick righty. Also use a mouse with my right hand.

Always boggles my mind - hand me a sheet of paper and tell me to sign my name, I'll use my left hand. Ask me to sign my name with a computer mouse and i'll use my right

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, nice to know there are others out there like me...I do all my precision and fine motor functions (like writing) with my left and do most gross motor skills (like throwing) with my right. It was a nightmare in kindergarten with left handed scissors.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I do almost everything with my left hand. But using a mouse I do with right (mostly because that's how a computer mouse is designed and switching it to the left with cords and all and switching the buttons is a real pain to do every time if you use central computers). Touch pads and touch screen mostly with left. But my phone both with left and right, depending on what I'm doing / holding with my left hand. Also sports and fine motor with left.
Even using a Wiimote with left while it is actually designed for right hand usage if using a nunchuck :p (like in Skyward Sword where it is displayed right and Link holds it sword right).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
- Approx 20% of the world is left-handed.
- Lefties reportedly have a slightly shorter lifespan.

Just means lefties are cooler and get more done in a shorter time frame.

One suggestion I've seen some penmakers do is make their pens either with no markings or brandings ambidextrous...that way people can see the label either way and therefore maybe buy it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I do almost everything with my left hand. But using a mouse I do with right (mostly because that's how a computer mouse is designed and switching it to the left with cords and all and switching the buttons is a real pain to do every time if you use central computers). Touch pads and touch screen mostly with left. But my phone both with left and right, depending on what I'm doing / holding with my left hand. Also sports and fine motor with left.
Even using a Wiimote with left while it is actually designed for right hand usage if using a nunchuck :p (like in Skyward Sword where it is displayed right and Link holds it sword right).

I'm exactly the same way. I do everything lefty, except computer mouse. But touchpad is used with my left hand. I turn my touchpad buttons backwards for left-handed users, but I work on other people's laptops so often that I almost never hit the touchpad button correctly when I'm trying to right-click. I should just turn mine back to right-handed mode to conform to everyone else, but that is just one of the dances that lefties do all the time to confuse ourselves, I guess.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All the video game protagonists in those first-person shooters I play are right-handed.

I saw one where it was left-handed, and then i realized the video was flipped.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
- Approx 20% of the world is left-handed.
- Lefties reportedly have a slightly shorter lifespan.

Just means lefties are cooler and get more done in a shorter time frame.

One suggestion I've seen some penmakers do is make their pens either with no markings or brandings ambidextrous...that way people can see the label either way and therefore maybe buy it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Recent US Presidents include a lot of leftys. Handedness of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thought I'd chip. Kinda feeling left out in this thread (right handed) but... My best friend and my brother are left handed. I'm sorry to say but both their hand writing is absolutely disgusting. So I always associate lefties with bad writing.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My stepfather back in the day when he attended catholic school as a born dominant hand lefty was forced in school to write with his right hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers