Let's convince Samsung to fix the music sound quality on the Ativ S!

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how accurate this is, its just something I read somewhere: one guy said he thinks that the popping sound is due to some WiFi connection attempt by the phone. As I said, I dunno if that's the case but it's easy to test: switch off the WiFi. If that works there's maybe some bad shielding somewhere in the phone or something.

Mankku

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Those noise sounds occur only when wifi on, between the songs and also disturblingy during the start of the song. I've gotten used to it, i'd like to use wifi at home when i only have 2 Mbit 3g speed.

itsmemuffins

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to kick up an old thread but didn't see the need to start a new on.

I've had my Ativ S for a week now and before I bought the phone I looked through the threads here. This one from the OP scared me, music, good quality SQ is very important to me in a phone as I listen to music all the time, through my IEM and in the car from my phone.
I thought, I'd give it a go and if it's rubbish I can return it. My Ativ is up to date with it's software.

All I can say is WOW :excited: I'm no audiophile but I'm beyond impressed both through my earphones and streaming to my cars handsfree. Bass is very important to me I'm a dyed in the wool basshead :love: for the past 7 years I've been using my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Extended Bass IEM's with Comply foam tips and the bass on this phone is phenomenal, it's so rich and mellow. I could listen to music for hours with out it getting fatiguing. It's like rich hot chocolate :amaze:

I only need to have the volume up to 13 for a satisfactory volume. Also streaming to my Novero Trusty One in car handsfree the SQ and bass is amazing, especially compared to my old phone (iPhone 5)

And to think it just cost me a little over €200. I feel like I stole it :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire