Let's get Rogers to enable VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So I've been absolutely loving the new Lumia 950 XL for a couple months... However one of my biggest annoyances is that here in Canada under Rogers we don't have VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling enabled for the devices. As of right now they support VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling only on the iPhone (and VoLTE on some android device).

I've created a post on Rogers suggestion center (Ideabox) at: Please enable Wifi Calling for Windows 10 phones! ... - Rogers Community

I've also reached out on Twitter to RogersHelps.

Just wondering how many other Rogers users there are on here that may like to have this feature? Maybe if enough of us reach out and ask, they might start working on it?

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol @ Rogers...

After a little while and some people commenting, they deleted the post... Are they against Wi-Fi Calling for Windows users???

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Lol @ Rogers...

After a little while and some people commenting, they deleted the post... Are they against Wi-Fi Calling for Windows users???
Last night when I try to reset my phone Lumia 950dual Sim, which was on Redstone for couple of days, but due to the instability of the alpha build I decide to roll back.
Anyway, when I connect the phone to my surface pro 3, the phone screen pop out a message about "sim setting changed, need to restart". so I check the sim setting, there is something called " 4G LTE HD voice" enable/diable toggle. but then I after I roll back, it wasn't there any more, so I assume if I didn't roll back my phone to 16485, then I might start to enjoy the VoLTE (maybe wifi calling too) already. So, now, I am kind of attempt to roll into fast ring for just that again now.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Last night when I try to reset my phone Lumia 950dual Sim, which was on Redstone for couple of days, but due to the instability of the alpha build I decide to roll back.
Anyway, when I connect the phone to my surface pro 3, the phone screen pop out a message about "sim setting changed, need to restart". so I check the sim setting, there is something called " 4G LTE HD voice" enable/diable toggle. but then I after I roll back, it wasn't there any more, so I assume if I didn't roll back my phone to 16485, then I might start to enjoy the VoLTE (maybe wifi calling too) already. So, now, I am kind of attempt to roll into fast ring for just that again now.

Please please please, keep us posted!!! :)

I just checked mine and don't see any options...

Last edited:

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Please please please, keep us posted!!! :)

I just checked mine and don't see any options...
while since on 10586.122 , my phone is much stable as well as the battery finally normal as I can use it for almost two days without charge, so I don't think I would roll into fast ring redstone build any time soon. But it is possible, Rogers finally push something for VoLTE to device other than just iPhone now.

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

Are you sure it's not 4G HD Voice only?

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it's not 4G HD Voice only?

I guess I 'll never know. But funny thing is the same night when I was at the university for a seminar, where the cell signal is NO, but of course Eduroam wifi is strong. however I did get a call there. So it might be true that it went through wifi calling

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I could test wife's SIM on my Lumia 640 LTE because hers is wifi calling enabled. Hope Fido also supports wifi calling on low end windows devices running 10.0.10586.122.

Thank you!

I guess I 'll never know. But funny thing is the same night when I was at the university for a seminar, where the cell signal is NO, but of course Eduroam wifi is strong. however I did get a call there. So it might be true that it went through wifi calling

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Wifi calling is for what? No cell service but wifi service? So the calls can still come through if you're at least connected on WiFi? I could've used that a few weeks ago! Lol how about sms?

Alexander Jackson2

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm a little bit off topic, I'm using Fido, but the moment I enter the home, it says "no service". Can anyone care to tell me how to make my cell phone work inside my home?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wifi calling is for what? No cell service but wifi service? So the calls can still come through if you're at least connected on WiFi? I could've used that a few weeks ago! Lol how about sms?

This is a pretty good explanation/overview:
What you need to know about Wi-Fi calling - CNET

I have several locations ,mostly during the winter, that we're at for extended periods, where this would save me from having to have a separate phone or different carrier, if my carrier (AT&T) would just provision the fully-tested feature on our phones.
It's a bit frustrating, as many members here have experienced.
There are hack/one-off solutions, various VOIP apps and such, some of which are more integrated than others, but none that work nearly as well as the built-in WiFi calling, in terms of ease-of-use/transparency...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos