Lets show some love for windows phone!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok I wanna inject a bit of positivity into the windows phone OS. There is so much negativity around and I just wanna show microsoft some appreciation, because if their existing customers aren't happy they will pull the plug on it and its an OS that's going to be huge if they keep working on it and closely working with app devs to bring more apps and such to the OS but all that aside let me start the proceedings.
I have had the Nokia Lumia 520 and now have the Microsoft Lumia 640XL and I love the windows phone platform. Its really user friendly so if your a complete novice or a professional it works really well. I like the crisp clear pictures I get from Lumia camera (I use beta version on my 640XL) even on my lower end 520 the pics were super clear and beautiful. The media integration it has is great OneDrive is a life saver. I could go on but I want to hear all your positive stories on the OS.
Thank you all
?ire :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You're absolutely right about Lumia photography. The camera apps are amazing. I have some pictures I took on my old Lumia 900 that was running WP7.5 at the time that are great.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the upcoming flagship devices offer for the camera. :smile:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You're absolutely right about Lumia photography. The camera apps are amazing. I have some pictures I took on my old Lumia 900 that was running WP7.5 at the time that are great.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the upcoming flagship devices offer for the camera. :smile:

Exciting times ahead especially with WP10 just around the corner. Oh yes if your looking for a camera phone that takes great pictures then the Lumia has it in spades. I got my 520 just as WP8 came out and I was well impressed with it. 13MP Carl Zeiss lens on the 640XL I am a tech nerd and to know my phablet is rocking that is a good feeling. But the 1020 has a 30MP camera that's just insane!! Love it ❤

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
If all Lumia Smartphones would be of high build quality and new innovative designs like Lumia *20 series(except Lumia 1520) and all smartphones would support latest hardware trends, Gorilla Glass 4, Snapdragon Processors and on-die LTE, and nice specifications combo for each price segments, with solid Windows store with quality apps and latest popular Gaming apps with timely update, as well as nice advertisement of Lumia Smartphones (Not ones they have Onedrive, Office,Skype type but costumer friendly such that it takes nice pictures, have latest official popular apps, have great battery life and standby time, offline maps, One Windows Platform, hype creating high end devices), I would have suggest every mine friends and known ones but I can't because I can't see any of these in Lumias of 2014 & 2015 so far, so hope I would see all these in Late 2015 & 2016 Lumias so I could give effort to people to love Lumias.
Availability of Lumia smartphones and their accessories is also a problem.

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If all Lumia Smartphones would be of high build quality and new innovative designs like Lumia *20 series(except Lumia 1520) and all smartphones would support latest hardware trends, Gorilla Glass 4, Snapdragon Processors and on-die LTE, and nice specifications combo for each price segments, with solid Windows store with quality apps and latest popular Gaming apps with timely update, as well as nice advertisement of Lumia Smartphones (Not ones they have Onedrive, Office,Skype type but costumer friendly such that it takes nice pictures, have latest official popular apps, have great battery life and standby time, offline maps, One Windows Platform, hype creating high end devices), I would have suggest every mine friends and known ones but I can't because I can't see any of these in Lumias of 2014 & 2015 so far, so hope I would see all these in Late 2015 & 2016 Lumias so I could give effort to people to love Lumias.
Availability of Lumia smartphones and their accessories is also a problem.

Loving your opinion but the post was for positives on windows phone as the above title suggests there is enough negativity I'm just pushing on the positives. Thanks :)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice topic for a thread! I've been with WP since 2010. My Samsung Focus was a beast to me. WP 7.0-7.8 was seriously fast with ui interaction etc.

WP is stress free in operation and easy on the eyes. Nokia made wp fun, enjoyable and brought hardware that no other manufacturers had. From adaptive displays (1520), high amplitude mics (920/1020/925/1520/etc), shutter keys, to sexy designs and imaginative apps. WP was/is the only OS I need.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
But, the positive aspects should far outperform the negative aspects, I mean there should be serious focus on hardware and software by Microsoft for Windows Mobile. At least after 2 years of Nokia acquistition, the condition of hardwares seem pathetic while the preview software is some sort of mixes, bad and good. Let's see what happens. Hope for good 😊

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Nice topic for a thread! I've been with WP since 2010. My Samsung Focus was a beast to me. WP 7.0-7.8 was seriously fast with ui interaction etc.

WP is stress free in operation and easy on the eyes. Nokia made wp fun, enjoyable and brought hardware that no other manufacturers had. From adaptive displays (1520), high amplitude mics (920/1020/925/1520/etc), shutter keys, to sexy designs and imaginative apps. WP was/is the only OS I need.

Really happy your enjoying it, its so refreshing to hear nice things. Yes they are rather sexy lol. I like ur username too :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
But, the positive aspects should far outperform the negative aspects, I mean there should be serious focus on hardware and software by Microsoft for Windows Mobile. At least after 2 years of Nokia acquistition, the condition of hardwares seem pathetic while the preview software is some sort of mixes, bad and good. Let's see what happens. Hope for good 😊

Some of the phones such as mine is rocking the carl zeiss lens architecture and it does make a difference. But yes I hope its for the better. In my view its definitely the OS of the future connecting your windows pc to your phone in ways never seen before.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had the Nokia Lumia 520 and now have the Microsoft Lumia 640XL
Congrats on that upgrade. What a jump!

Love my Windows Phone so much, my wife finally picked one up. (mine) And I had to get a new one. :evil:
Now we're both rocking 635s.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Love my Windows Phone so much, my wife finally picked one up. (mine) And I had to get a new one. :evil:

I know lol. I knew the phone would be big but gosh darn it its huge lol Say hi to her for me. Haven't seen u in the forum for a while, hope all is ok? :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

My mum went from the 520 to the 535 and she loves it, its so slim. Hers is a slight bit smaller in size to mine but its brilliant for her as I use my phablet for games. So bigger was better on this one lol

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Haven't seen u in the forum for a while, hope all is ok? :)

Been posting more than ever. Mostly in the Ask a Question section to help out people in trouble. Windows 10 release has kept me busy trying to answer questions and help people. Just a little burn-out today, so started browsing normal again. It's all good.

Loving all the action.

Only sad thing I can say about Windows Phone at the moment is that I wish the Cityman would come in Neon Green. Haha! Hey, I know how to dye a cover anyway. I'll just start with the white back. ;)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Been posting more than ever. Mostly in the Ask a Question section to help out people in trouble. Windows 10 release has kept me busy trying to answer questions and help people. Just a little burn-out today, so started browsing normal again. It's all good.

Loving all the action.

Only sad thing I can say about Windows Phone at the moment is that I wish the Cityman would come in Neon Green. Haha! Hey, I know how to dye a cover anyway. I'll just start with the white back. ;)

Omg neon green would be brilliant, you could even do custom covers for people wishing to change colour id love my 640 XL in neon green. Ha ha welcome back to the normal forums though good to see you in great spirits. I guess your so busy with windows 10, lots to discuss and fix.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I mostly try to do the common sense trouble-shooting. You know, like:

User: My mouse doesn't work. Windows 10 broke my new computer!
Me: Is it plugged in?
User: I thought it used a battery. There's no wires.
Me: Is the receiver plugged into the computer?
User: What? What receiver? It says Windows compatible, I should just be able to start using it, right?
Me: It comes with a receiver you plug into the USB port on the computer.
User: Oh, here it is. Okay, plugged it in but still not working.
Me: Did you insert the batteries into the mouse?
User: It said "batteries included".
Me: yes, that means in the box with the mouse. You have to put them in the mouse.
User: Oh, here they are. Okay, everything is working now.
User: Man, this Windows 10 sucks! Too hard to get stuff to work with it. I'm going back to 7.
Me: :eck:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gosh I actually cant cope with it lol. But I suppose like not all people are tech savvy. I have worked in a tv service provider customer rings saying her set top box is on and not coming throuh to tv and the first thing I ask is "are you on the right AV channel" and the customer is like oh ya forgot. Wow that sounds rough dude!!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I mostly try to do the common sense trouble-shooting. You know, like:

User: My mouse doesn't work. Windows 10 broke my new computer!
Me: Is it plugged in?
User: I thought it used a battery. There's no wires.
Me: Is the receiver plugged into the computer?
User: What? What receiver? It says Windows compatible, I should just be able to start using it, right?
Me: It comes with a receiver you plug into the USB port on the computer.
User: Oh, here it is. Okay, plugged it in but still not working.
Me: Did you insert the batteries into the mouse?
User: It said "batteries included".
Me: yes, that means in the box with the mouse. You have to put them in the mouse.
User: Oh, here they are. Okay, everything is working now.
User: Man, this Windows 10 sucks! Too hard to get stuff to work with it. I'm going back to 7.
Me: :eck:

I make a living doing this. :grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb