Lines appear (lenghtwise) in pictures taken with Windows Camera 📷

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520
Build 14915.1000

Whenever a picture is taken with Windows Camera (standard default camera ��), green horizontal or vertical lines appear during the actual capturing of the shot. These lines show up on the saved picture. This occurs with it without flash. Front facing camera is unaffected.

This only happens using the default camera to take pictures. Lenses work fine and 3rd party apps using the main camera aren't affected. Before the 14905 update, just using the main camera would crash the phone; forcing a reboot.

This persists after the latest Windows Camera update and after Anniversary Update; even with 14915.1000.

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 4.18.17 PM.jpeg
Taken with Whatsapp Camera

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 4.18.19 PM.jpeg
Taken with Windows Camera with HDR ON.

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 4.18.18 PM.jpeg
Taken with Windows Camera with HDR OFF

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 4.18.22 PM.jpeg
Taken with Windows Camera

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 4.18.24 PM.jpeg
Taken with Office Lens

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 4.18.23 PM.jpeg
Taken with Quickscan

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I can see the issue and I don't remember if it was you or someone else but this issue has been seen in the redstone builds - I think it was a lumia 950

Can you change resolution and see if that makes a difference?

The only options at this point is to go back to a stable build or wait for the next update while submitting feedback

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I changed the resolution to 5MB in camera settings but same effect, even with living Images off or apspect ratio changed between 16:9 and 4:3.

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-05 at 3.53.30 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-05 at 3.53.31 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-05 at 3.53.32 AM.jpeg

This is what pictures would look like when the problem first started. The phone would crash while saving the picture and this would be the saved result.

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-05 at 2.54.10 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-09-05 at 2.54.11 AM.jpeg

I can see the issue and I don't remember if it was you or someone else but this issue has been seen in the redstone builds - I think it was a lumia 950

Can you change resolution and see if that makes a difference?

The only options at this point is to go back to a stable build or wait for the next update while submitting feedback

I usually write up a detailed feedback report before going to forums to see who else may have seen similar issues or found fixes. My issues usually resolve themselves a few builds down the line.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I found a temporary solution. I reinstalled Lumia Camera. Works like a charm now.

For those of you who can't find it, go to winphonehub.org and search for it to download the appx or just google it.

Provided you know what you're doing in terms of sideloading apps etc, this should be a breeze.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I found a temporary solution. I reinstalled Lumia Camera. Works like a charm now.

For those of you who can't find it, go to winphonehub.org and search for it to download the appx or just google it.

Provided you know what you're doing in terms of sideloading apps etc, this should be a breeze.

On a side note, I can download the app from downloads history but when opening it it says go to MS camera :grincry:

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
On a side note, I can download the app from downloads history but when opening it it says go to MS camera :grincry:

Yea... unfortunately, I was able to take 3 pictures to test it. Then closed the app. Then the app updated in the background. The next time I opened it again I got that message.

Uninstalling it then re-installing it didn't work either.

If only I could find a patched appx or xap for Proshot. :crying:

Last edited:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've seen that problem since 10586.0, after you get half the picture corrupted it just crashes the phone completely, so I'm afraid going back to 14393 or even 10586 wont fix that

I think this lumia cam app is old enough to not get disabled by microsoft https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtnMR9kRrYq04IBrkek-VcSwzK9wSg

I even have a few ruined pictures like that with huge green lines, just thinking maybe I should send as feedback... you think they may finally fix it? a year later?

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that problem since 10586.0, after you get half the picture corrupted it just crashes the phone completely, so I'm afraid going back to 14393 or even 10586 wont fix that

I think this lumia cam app is old enough to not get disabled by microsoft https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtnMR9kRrYq04IBrkek-VcSwzK9wSg

I even have a few ruined pictures like that with huge green lines, just thinking maybe I should send as feedback... you think they may finally fix it? a year later?

Thanks for sharing this. I'll test it out later.

I think you should ALWAYS send feedback.

From my experience:

Send feedback that is as detailed as possible. Send screenshots and do that thing where they record your data as you replicate the problem.

They usually handle the issue within 3 builds, or the issue seemingly fixes itself.

I don't usually get many upvotes. I think my highest is 32.

But it certainly feels like they listened to me whenever the issue is resolved.

Go for it.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this. I'll test it out later.

I think you should ALWAYS send feedback.

From my experience:

Send feedback that is as detailed as possible. Send screenshots and do that thing where they record your data as you replicate the problem.

They usually handle the issue within 3 builds, or the issue seemingly fixes itself.

I don't usually get many upvotes. I think my highest is 32.

But it certainly feels like they listened to me whenever the issue is resolved.

Go for it.

cant record live feedback knowing the phone will forcibly reboot while it happens, in my experience going from build to build could randomly fix and/or break any number of things, whether they give a changelog that confirms your findings or not

I did it anyway, lets see if RS2 gets it fixed once and for all

jdamsgard

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
This happens to me, too, but only when I am taking a picture as an attachment to a text message. If I take the photo first and then go into the text message and attach it, it works fine.

Lumia 1520
OS build: 10.0.14393.189

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue, on my Icon, but only when taking a picture from the Messaging app.
Using the Camera app didn't seem to exhibit this issue.
It only seemed to happen on Redstone builds.
JJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss