List new non-Nokia phones???

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm still waiting on a viable replacement for my HTC Titan II. I have a Lumia 920 as my work cell and I hate it for a few reasons. I don't want another Nokia.

Are there any lists yet of phones being released in the next few months that aren't all Nokia?

I would like an HTC with a 4.7"-5" screen, wireless charging, NFC, 1080p screen, and all of the other modern goodies.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Lol right.

I heard rumors online that end of this year HTC will be releasing a new WP lineup with GDR3. I just haven't heard much else like specs and release dates.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting on a viable replacement for my HTC Titan II. I have a Lumia 920 as my work cell and I hate it for a few reasons. I don't want another Nokia.

Are there any lists yet of phones being released in the next few months that aren't all Nokia?

I would like an HTC with a 4.7"-5" screen, wireless charging, NFC, 1080p screen, and all of the other modern goodies.

Um...are you asking for non Nokia phones or non Nokia Windows phones ?

Non Nokia phones include:

-apple iPhone 4/4s5/5s/5c
-lg (too many phones to mention...

...and pretty much every other phone in existence besides Nokia. I mention more if this was your question.

Non Nokia Windows phones:

-htc 8s and 8X
-samsung omnia
-huawei w1 and w2

And thats about it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Omnia is WAY old.... Like Windows Mobile old, unless you're talking about the Omnia 7, which is October 2010 old. There's the Ativ S, Ativ S Neo,

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The most recent devices from Samsung and HTC were announced months ago (see ATIV S Neo and 8XT). There are always rumors about their next devices, but nothing is set in stone yet.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda curious what could possibly make you avoid the entire Nokia brand?

I've seen plenty of stories where people have gotten a bad unit and live with it, seemingly not knowing it was defective, all while hating the brand and phone with a burning passion. Now I'm not saying that's the case, maybe its Nokia's design philosophy and maybe he had a string of bad devices. (I've also seen a trail of 12 bad Palm Pre's)

just what i see

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
From what I know, HTC should release a new WP device "soon". But still don't expect anything special.
The same goes for Samsung. Both of them are based on Android and make a WP from time to time, for the ****z and gigglez.
I can't actually understand why would you hate the whole Lumia line, there must be atleast one that's not bad (if not good).
And considering that Microsoft bought Nokia's D&S sector, except a lot more WP devices comming from Nokia(MS) than from Samsung or HTC.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There were rumors of an HTC One running WP8, and if they released it with the snapdragon 800, that'd be a mighty nice phone :D. Except for that ultrapixel 4mp camera. Yuck...I'll bet your Titan 2 takes better pictures.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen plenty of stories where people have gotten a bad unit and live with it, seemingly not knowing it was defective, all while hating the brand and phone with a burning passion. Now I'm not saying that's the case, maybe its Nokia's design philosophy and maybe he had a string of bad devices. (I've also seen a trail of 12 bad Palm Pre's)

just what i see

And if you take the Nokia name out of the search, you'll get the same results. There are going to be problems no matter who the manufacturer, as 95% is very high standards in the manufacturing world. The difference is that since Nokia is selling around 90% of the Windows Phones, 90% of the complaints you see are about Nokias. Also, you'll always hear the complaints, and the people with complaints tend to be very vocal. You don't hear about those who are exceedingly pleased - they just go about their lives.

There is nothing inherently worse about Nokia phones than there is with any other brand. Even Apple has its problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05