Live Folders for Lumia Cyan

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know when will arrive update with Live Folders to Nokia Lumia phones with Lumia Cyan???
(GDR1 Update - Preview for Developers)
Thanks in advance.

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have Preview For Developers three months. When Lumia cyan official come to my model, I don't have update.
I downgraded to windows phone 8.0 and updated to official 8.1 cyan and now I don't have live folders...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have Preview For Developers three months. When Lumia cyan official come to my model, I don't have update.
I downgraded to windows phone 8.0 and updated to official 8.1 cyan and now I don't have live folders...

All you need to do is download the Preview For Developers app again, activate it and check for updates. It will show Update available, which is the one that has live folders.

This will NOT remove Cyan from your phone. You will still have Cyan. It's firmware unrelated to the OS version.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I know... But GDR1 - Update 1 will be realized only to developer preview users or for cyan too?
Only Developer preview will get GDR 1 update. So to install it on your phone, you must enable developer preview.
NOTE : Even though u have cyan, you must enable developer preview to get GDR 1 at the moment. MS will release the final update OTA after a few months.

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Then, I will have official cyan with preview for devs live folders...
Will Live folders be officialy on cyan sometime in the future (Without Preview)?
How can I remove ONLY Preview for developers updates and stay ONLY on cyan? ...and download official update (when it come)?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Then, I will have official cyan with preview for devs live folders...
Will Live folders be officialy on cyan sometime in the future (Without Preview)?
How can I remove ONLY Preview for developers updates and stay ONLY on cyan? ...and download official update (when it come)?

At present the only way to remove it is by doing the downgrade thing. However, when it's officially released I'm sure there will be some minor update that brings the Preview version in line with that, so you would no longer be on the Preview version.

DeShawn Fairbairn

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Currently there is an app called Files. For now the update in the developer preview, is just that. A developer preview. If you are okay with minor bugs and have lumia cyan already then head on over to the Developer Preview for the gdr1 update.

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
If I would install developer preview app and download update, I will have GDR1 with live folders...
But when official OTA windows phone update for cyan arrive, with live folders, I want to install them... How?
Will I have an update in settings / or I must to downgrade to windows 8.0 (+update to 8.1 and to GDR1 again)

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If I would install developer preview app and download update, I will have GDR1 with live folders...
But when official OTA windows phone update for cyan arrive, with live folders, I want to install them... How?
Will I have an update in settings / or I must to downgrade to windows 8.0 (+update to 8.1 and to GDR1 again)

You'll have an update in settings.

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
But why I didn't receive an update in settings yesterday - developer preview to cyan?
Lumia cyan was ready for my model and... I had developer preview 8.1 with GDR1 and no update in settings..
I downgraded to 8.0 and updated to cyan...
That's the reason of this question..
Lumia 1020 is phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo