Live tiles in Win10 desktop - Do you find them useful and how?

t0shibasz

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Guys, maybe I'm missing something but except as a shortcuts for apps I don't find live tiles in W10 desktop useful at all. Howsz your experience? (sorry about my bad English)

Ecm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally? No. I work almost exclusively from the good old desktop view, so I rarely see the start screen.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well all they are is templates of websites that usually perform one task. What it eliminates is going the website and searching for what you want to do. I use the NFL Sunday ticket app to watch my Steelers on sunday if not at home. I run the app and it comes onto the sit and I click the steelers game. Finding it on DirectV website i have to find then login and then select game. There is a Photoshop App that is free and you can use it for a picture viewer or editor. They Have Word, Excel and Powerpoint modern apps. ESPN2 has an app where the first time you select your cable or satlelite carrier and you can watch games on ESPN. Also Fox,CBS, The History Channel and many TV cable station allow video on demand. Airlines have apps where yo can track flight or even book flights. You can book hotels and access your Hilton Honors club or AAA. There are many things you can do. Most are desing to do specific task but as they mature they will get more and more powerful.

So to summarize they provide quick access to a specific task I want to perform on a website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo