Live tiles stopped updating after Amber update?

Andreas Kjernald

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
After the Amber update my lockscreen and my live tiles stopped updating, ecept mail and SMS. FB never updated properly but now I don't get updates from Chronos Calendar, Battery Meter, Drudge reader, Bing News to mention a few.

Anyone else experience this?

Possible fix? (I have uninstalled several apps that I just got (Amazon mobile, checked the background apps, soft-reset, etc.)

/Thanks

Nokia 920 in Norway

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So have you already done the usual then tried a soft reset, uninstall then reinstall etc?

If not try the soft reset then reinstall.

bglf83

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I had an app to update Nokia apps that I swear broke my tiles. I removed it and the problem went away.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_246 using Tapatalk

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an app to update Nokia apps that I swear broke my tiles. I removed it and the problem went away.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_246 using Tapatalk

That great news!

I also know the app your on about it the Nokia pusher or something on those lines.

AndreasKj

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers! These forums are great.

Yes, I have tried the usual suspects (soft-reboot, reinstall, etc) although I haven't tried to uninstall the Nokia updater app. I will try it and let you know if it works. On another interesting note, my Chronos calendar is suddenly reverting back to March 2013 when I open the app. Weird!

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have had this problem too. Have tried deleting suspect apps, turned off background update for most, soft reset all to no avail.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous, Tiles are what WP is all about but the things stop functioning and we have to mess around with them to get them working. Is MS ever going to fix this problem? It existed on WP7 and it still exists with GDR2, so frustrating. At least on my HD7 I used my phone over a year and a half before I had the issue, on my 920 that I've had since February I'm on my 3rd annoying iteration.

Moaske

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I've got the exact same problem here: everything that's 'Live' stopped working after the Amber update. Execpt for the system tiles like the ME tile which keeps woring, just like a Contacts group tile which still updates. I suspect that MSFT has changed a little something in the update routine which effectivley broke ALL third party apps?
If this is not the case then MSFT/Nokia broke something alright...
Did all the stuff mentioned above, all to no avail. There's definitely something wrong with this update. It's already on the Nokia discussions forums too. We're not the only ones... :(

EDIT: yesterday night I also had another strange bug: the flash of the camera wouldn't go of even though it was set to do so. This morning after charging it worked again (no reboot or whatsoever) ... weird huh?

Last edited:

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here...
I emailed the developers of Weatherflow and they took a look at my logs and said that my background agent is not working much...
What's strange is that before the update, if the weather changed but it hadn't polled the server for an update (I think it checks every 1/2 hour or so), if I opened the app and then went back out, the temperature would update....now this doesn't even happen...

Battery apps are also affected...twitter seems fine as does WhatsApp...

This really stinks

KRayn3r

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me as well a few weeks back. After trying to remove random apps with no success (and more than a week later with live tiles not updating) I found a post that suggested I delete my Internet Explorer history. After doing that and a reboot my live tiles started working properly again. So damn strange, give it a go...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
How many of you with Live Tile issues are running the AT&T / Rogers Developer ROM? I see at least one forum signature about it.

I had the same issue, and when I switched to the official Rogers-branded ROM, everything worked again. Of course, if you do that, you have to manually set your APN (or connect to Wifi to download Nokia Access Point).

Still haven't had more than temporary success (with either ROM) getting Internet Sharing (which I pay for) to work though. And yes, I've tried the Spanish keyboard trick.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
After 3 weeks of no tiles working (Except MS of course), I got fed up and uninstalled a majority of my apps then rebooted. I then installed all the apps that I had on my start screen only and put my phone down. When I came back to my phone, approx 20-30 mins, all my tiles were updating. From my experience with this issue it is often not just a single app, sometimes uninstalling the last app you installed before they stopped works, other times uninstalling 5 apps works. I was removing apps a few at a time with no results then got fed up and removed most.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb