Logitech decries subscription-based forever mouse that "is not an actual or planned product but a peek into provocative internal thinking on futur...

eric peacock

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
What a ridiculous notion, especially considering the inevitable button fatigue that every single Logitech mouse and trackball I have bought in the last 10 years gets.
I have a whole fleet of Logitech pointing devices with worn out left button that either double clicks on its own or doesn't register clicks unless I slam my finger on the button.

I kept telling myself "meh, it's $35, what are you gonna do?", and buy a replacement. One thing that irked me was the same problem carried over to the M575 refresh. What really peeved me off was two of the more expensive mouse models, on gaming and on "productivity", also had the left button wear out in 18 months or less.

After so man years of literally every single Logitech device I bought going bad (and relatively soon), I finally have denounced Logitech entirely. I'm on my second year with a Kensington trackball, and a little over a year on the Razer mouse I'd bought on clearance just to have a backup mouse handy. The Kensington trackball already has outlasted all but one login device I've ever had. The Razer mouse has 8 months to go, and then it will also have outlasted all but one Logi device.

Even if they do go off the deep end and make a subscription service, it's definitely won't be "forever" or "for life" because the hardware simply doesn't last long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naid