Lots of Updates Still Failing on New Surface Book

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So i returned my Surface Book 256/i7/8 for the 512/i7/16. When i purchased my first one a lot of the firmware/driver updates failed i would say when checking the history about 40% failed. I just got my brand new SB and it looks like almost the same exact drives failed to install when checking the history. But the device says up to date.

Is it possible that all these updates were included in a cumulative KB patch and thats why the failed? I find it odd no one is really talking about this and it wasnt just one device...basically if you buy any surface book right now you will have the same exact problem as me. But its also possible its not a problem at all and they are installed, it could just be a superfluous message in the log. How can i manually check to see if these updates are installed?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So i returned my Surface Book 256/i7/8 for the 512/i7/16. When i purchased my first one a lot of the firmware/driver updates failed i would say when checking the history about 40% failed. I just got my brand new SB and it looks like almost the same exact drives failed to install when checking the history. But the device says up to date.

Is it possible that all these updates were included in a cumulative KB patch and thats why the failed? I find it odd no one is really talking about this and it wasnt just one device...basically if you buy any surface book right now you will have the same exact problem as me. But its also possible its not a problem at all and they are installed, it could just be a superfluous message in the log. How can i manually check to see if these updates are installed?

the one way I can think of is checking for the driver/firmware version number online and cross checking it what is on the book - but that can take time

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
the one way I can think of is checking for the driver/firmware version number online and cross checking it what is on the book - but that can take time

Can you show me where i can find those numbers on the computer and where i can find them online? I know how to check the OS version, thats easy..winver or settings>system>about. But firmware/drivers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724