Low Storage Space Causing Device Slowdown?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I previously had a 32GB Dell Venue Pro, so I've never run into this before.

With the 13GB usable space on my Lumia 900, it's been a constant struggle for free space the last few days. Even just all of the games alone are taking up a sizable portion of that 13GB, and the rest is mostly filled with music and a single book from an Audible.com trial.

So my question is, has anyone else noticed when the Lumia storage space goes below somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-600MB free space, that the device performance completely plummets? All of my live tiles are currently blank, and any application that I try to load (including Music+Videos, to delete some stuff), just sits at the Loading screen.

I had this problem yesterday, and deleted a couple albums, and performance was great again... and now today, after downloading a podcast, performance is at a standstill again (even turning the device off has me stuck at the Goodbye screen for over 90 seconds).

It's bad enough to only have a 16GB/13GB usable device as the current flagship, but it's kind of ridiculous that I can't even use all of that space for fear of the device locking up.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have encountered this same problem, but not always. When it happens though, the cure is to delete some files/Apps to get to a minimum 500 Gb of free space. Once that's done - mission accomplished.

I try to keep around 1 Gb free so I can accidentally "load it up" and have no problems. Currently pushing the 500 Mb point so I need to decide which Games I really care about at the moment.

IMHO this is one reason that WinMo cries out for a memory map that shows what Apps are using your storage space. C'mon MSoft, make sure this is in 7.8 and 8 Please!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa