Lumia 1020 USB Port

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!

So, somehow my USB port is dead on my Lumia 1020. I can easily charge but once I connect the phone using the same cable I use for charge to PC, it is not identified properly (i.e. Unknown device, "!" sign on Nokia Lumia 1020 icon on device manager).

I managed to open my phone and see the actual USB port - it appeared to be damaged (i don't know how exactly it happened). I ordered a USB flex port from Amazon to replace myself, with addition watching tutorials from LE55ONS on YouTube.

Unfortunately, I couldn't access the USB port nor to replace it. Can anyone tell, how exactly it can be replaced? Or what needs to be done in order to remove the USB port?

PS. I'm from Uzbekistan and I couldn't find any place where someone can replace that and nobody here is interested in Lumias, unfortunately. Therefore, "you are my only hope".

Thanks!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

So, somehow my USB port is dead on my Lumia 1020. I can easily charge but once I connect the phone using the same cable I use for charge to PC, it is not identified properly (i.e. Unknown device, "!" sign on Nokia Lumia 1020 icon on device manager).

I managed to open my phone and see the actual USB port - it appeared to be damaged (i don't know how exactly it happened). I ordered a USB flex port from Amazon to replace myself, with addition watching tutorials from LE55ONS on YouTube.

Unfortunately, I couldn't access the USB port nor to replace it. Can anyone tell, how exactly it can be replaced? Or what needs to be done in order to remove the USB port?

PS. I'm from Uzbekistan and I couldn't find any place where someone can replace that and nobody here is interested in Lumias, unfortunately. Therefore, "you are my only hope".

Thanks!

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver for your phone under the Device Manager (presuming that you're using Windows in your PC)? Some users have reported that uninstalling and re-installing the drivers* fixed a similar issue where the L1020 was not recognized by the PC.

*- Windows 7 does this automatically: uninstall the driver, then plug your phone in - it will start re-installing the driver automatically.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. I took it to the warranty service and they changed a lot more than mere usb-port. So there could be something else that's broken too.

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver for your phone under the Device Manager .

Yes I have tried, but didn't help!

Which windows version you have on your pc?
And could you connect it before?

Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I've tried on other machines using Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (x86-x64)

I had the same issue. I took it to the warranty service and they changed a lot more than mere usb-port. So there could be something else that's broken too.

When I open and look at USB port - the flex cable is definitely broken, and when i play with it I can hear phone gets connected/disconnected from PC. So it is definitely the issue.

But the problem is, how to replace that? It seems it is stuck tight!

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
this is an old thread but i love how no one actually answered the OP question... its not always software guys. if anyone has an answer please reply.

meowmixmeow

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I did my own repair, my phone did the same thing, charges, but my pc would not detect that my phone is connected. Lets just say it's super hard to get to the USB, you might as well just get a whole new 1020 back case. I messed mine up (since my case is beat anyways), an just bent the bottom of the case and forced out the USB port. The port slides in, I forget which way, most likely back of usb, sliding into the slot. Remember to remove the film off of the sticky tape for the mic, and insert it in that spot that your previous one was located in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa