Lumia 1050... Really?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd personally need to see a much more trustworthy site before I'd believe this rumor. One little part that it lacks a front facing camera is what makes it unbelievable for me...that would mean no Windows Hello...a feature I wouldn't expect Microsoft to strip out of a phone, even a specialty phone like the 1020 replacement.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Both articles hold very little substance so eh.

And considering they said they won't do a 10x0 again most likely.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
One little part that it lacks a front facing camera is what makes it unbelievable for me...that would mean no Windows Hello...a feature I wouldn't expect Microsoft to strip out of a phone, even a specialty phone like the 1020 replacement.

Man... forget that. You wouldn't be able to skype or video chat. At this point when even the basic android handsets have a solid FFC... I see no reason to even consider such a compromised device. Speculating on what comes next hardware wise is extremely easy, and damn near anyone can do it. It's fairly obvious that the next phone will have a qualcomm chip that is one level up... Though the 1020 was a 920 derivative, so a Snapdragon 810 is more likely at this point. Unless the next camera gimmick phone will be based on the next flagship which would likely imply a 1060?

Nah. I'll take more stock in the rumors of a Surface Phone at this point in time.

tl;dr: Lumia 1050? No.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Surface Phone prototype on m y desk right now. I can travel past event horizons with it. Oh wait those don't exist anymore. Wait they do...

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
here is another source
Microsoft Lumia 1050 release date in February 2016? | Christian News on Christian Today
Although if these rumors are true, I can not digest why MS would want to kill a FFC in such a premium device. Now they have it even at entry level phones! Apart from that everything seems just about right. S820 will be there in the market by Q2 2016, 128 GB internal storage with optional SD card is a must for such huge pictures, and 50 MP with adjustable aperture and zoom lens will be real icing on the cake. I don't know about phones, but it will eat into a lot of digital cameras market for sure

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Lets have some hope.

After all, we got the Surface Book out of no where. So MS can be pretty good with controlling leaks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Right, a bunch of clickbait filled sites that trace back to a page unrelated to any 1050 (if you keep clicking through source links, you'll get to a page for the 1520) has some secret scoop on a nonsensical device. (128GB? No FFC? Variable aperture and a zoom lens?!)

But it's on the internet so it MUST be true!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right, a bunch of clickbait filled sites that trace back to a page unrelated to any 1050 (if you keep clicking through source links, you'll get to a page for the 1520) has some secret scoop on a nonsensical device. (128GB? No FFC? Variable aperture and a zoom lens?!)

But it's on the internet so it MUST be true!

SinistraShine

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
here is another source
Microsoft Lumia 1050 release date in February 2016? | Christian News on Christian Today[/url]
Although if these rumors are true, I can not digest why MS would want to kill a FFC in such a premium device. Now they have it even at entry level phones! Apart from that everything seems just about right. S820 will be there in the market by Q2 2016, 128 GB internal storage with optional SD card is a must for such huge pictures, and 50 MP with adjustable aperture and zoom lens will be real icing on the cake. I don't know about phones, but it will eat into a lot of digital cameras market for sure

Thousands of people touch these phones before they are released. If it would actually be released in February this would have already surfaced all over in the internet.. even for christmas 2016 release

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963