Lumia 1520 on windows 8.1

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I decided to out 8.1 on my new lumia 1520 and WOW. so glad I did. Under WiFi and in bad weather it took just an hour to do. I am in the UK and it hasn't bricked my phone. I wasn't sure if I should try as I heard reports that it can brick your phone. It hasn't, glance is still there and made so much space on my phone as I moved all the big games onto SD card. If anyone is worried then don't. Go for it. Its free, quick to do and you don't have to pay a penny to join the dev review. Even the app store gets changed. So happy that now there is separate volume buttons for games and ringtones. New emojicons too and I wonder if all the games I downloaded on SD card can be transferred to laptop and vice versa? Still loads to find out. And should my phone still be saying its lumia black? I swear the keyboard has got a bit smaller on screen. Has it stopped the jerky scrolling on the lumia 1520? I will find out 😊

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
and I wonder if all the games I downloaded on SD card can be transferred to laptop and vice versa? Still loads to find out. And should my phone still be saying its lumia black? I swear the keyboard has got a bit smaller on screen. Has it stopped the jerky scrolling on the lumia 1520? I will find out 

good to hear you've had such a great experience!

The apps and games on the SD card are tied to your device, and won't be going anywhere for security reasons.

Your phone should still be saying Lumia Black, since the OS is largely independent from the firmware. The next one, Cyan, will be tied with the official 8.1 release, which should appear in your region eventually, there's no official word, and no real timeframe.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for clearing that up. Do you know if facebook message will appear under normal text where you can switch as I really miss that. Shame they took that away

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for clearing that up. Do you know if facebook message will appear under normal text where you can switch as I really miss that. Shame they took that away

probably won't unless they open up the messages hub. I would just use Facebook Messenger, think of the stickers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss