Lumia 1520 screen damaged - New out of box

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,

a few weeks ago I ordered a Lumia 1520 in China (it was cheap so I dared to take the risk)
Everything went well, it arrived, looked great except for one thing; there was a tiny piece of glass missing in the screen.
I thought; this might be the Chinese version seeing the price it wouldn't be weird to think. So I send the device back (there were some other small issues) and ordered a new one, in UK this time. Still a little bit cheaper as in NL, but I thought the device would be European and the warranty would be better.

But, now the screen has the same issue. I have added a picture so you can see. It is too perfect to be damaged by falling (which of course didn't happen, it came out of the box like this)
My question is of course: is this normal? Do other people have the same? In my opinion this is not normal... But because of the perfection of the missing piece...

Please help me out :)

Attachments

• P1110382-2.jpg
    P1110382-2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody,

a few weeks ago I ordered a Lumia 1520 in China (it was cheap so I dared to take the risk)
Everything went well, it arrived, looked great except for one thing; there was a tiny piece of glass missing in the screen.
I thought; this might be the Chinese version seeing the price it wouldn't be weird to think. So I send the device back (there were some other small issues) and ordered a new one, in UK this time. Still a little bit cheaper as in NL, but I thought the device would be European and the warranty would be better.

But, now the screen has the same issue. I have added a picture so you can see. It is too perfect to be damaged by falling (which of course didn't happen, it came out of the box like this)
My question is of course: is this normal? Do other people have the same? In my opinion this is not normal... But because of the perfection of the missing piece...

Please help me out :)

What price are we talking? I'm in the market to grab one.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You must have with over this with a magnifying glass, I would never have noticed it until you pointed it out. :shocked:

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was reading your post, line for line, thinking to myself "wow, what a coincidence that the screen has damage in the same spot for TWO phones." Then, I saw the picture, and this immediately became the best thread of the day, haha.

But, glad your mind is at ease now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99