Lumia 520 - Audio issues after updating to cyan

Madhav Mohan

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 520 to cyan. Audio worked fine, until it suddenly did not (via the jack, that is). So basically, my earphones won't work (I tried three different sets, all work on my iPod) and neither will external speakers. I suspect this might be a hardware problem (with the jack) but I was reminded of an app for android (soundabout) that I used for my tab, which effectively directed the audio to my earphones. My question is, is there a similar app for wp8/8.1? If not, I might just have to get it serviced. Also, could it be somehow software related?

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem about a month ago (L520 on WP8.0), but after I removed & put back the battery, it started working fine...I don't know what caused it, but am thinking it had something to do with the jack.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
There is also this other issue I faced on my 520 when I updated to Windows Phone 8.1, there was this weird pop sound.

When you we're scrubbing in a video when it was playing it would have this weird audio cracke/pop sound.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
There is also this other issue I faced on my 520 when I updated to Windows Phone 8.1, there was this weird pop sound.

When you we're scrubbing in a video when it was playing it would have this weird audio cracke/pop sound.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this
You are not alone buddy !! Get that pop sound when fast forwarding or rewinding videos.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
The pop sound gets resolved with cyan. Am I right in thinking you have DP? as for the headphone problem. Bit cheeky but... Buy another 520 then put the broken one in the no and say you want a refund. Technically your doing nothing wrong illegally. Your taking back a faulty product that you bought that's under warranty. Only difference is that you don't have to wait for a repair.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
The pop sound gets resolved with cyan. Am I right in thinking you have DP? as for the headphone problem. Bit cheeky but... Buy another 520 then put the broken one in the box and next day say you want a refund. Technically your doing nothing wrong illegally. Your taking back a faulty product that you bought that's under warranty. Only difference is that you don't have to wait for a repair.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
The pop sound gets resolved with cyan. Am I right in thinking you have DP? as for the headphone problem. Bit cheeky but... Buy another 520 then put the broken one in the no and say you want a refund. Technically your doing nothing wrong illegally. Your taking back a faulty product that you bought that's under warranty. Only difference is that you don't have to wait for a repair.

Nope, am not on DP...just the official WP 8.1 + Cyan.

Ahoj Svete

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I am experiencing so called pop sound too. Lumia 520, official 8.1 update...

Factory reset with nokia recovery tool didnt help. I tried to downgrade to 8.0, but sadly there wasnt an option to choose windows phone version (it was restored to 8.1), so i am still stuck with 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb