Lumia 520 + Windows 8.1 + Consumer Cellular = No MMS?

jorgecostanza

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I meant it was only til recently that I noticed that I wasn't able to send or receive picture texts. My stuff has been working for all of last year, but I don't send/receive picture texts very often. It did used to work though. Hence, I was wondering if it was b/c of the windows 8.1 update.

So, anybody out there on consumer cellular with a lumia 520 updated to windows 8.1? Can you send and/or receive picture texts?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it; but with CC you have to get lucky and get one of their people who knows what they are doing. I have three WP's and a Moto G lte on CC and they all work with MMS and celllular data. BUT and its a big ****. I went through five or six of their service reps and did alot of experimenting before I got my phones to work. And the same settings do not work with different Windows phones. I have different setting with my 820 (which also gets LTE with CC), my wife's 925 which gets MMS and cell data, but not LTE, My backup 635 which gets everything and my Moto G lte which gets everything except LTE. I called a bunch of times and had each rep email me the setting they had then I started experimenting and finally got ones that work. All my WP's are on 8.1/Cyan and the G is KitKat 4.4.4. It was a pain in the ***; but I have three phones with three different numbers and pay 74$ a month. With AT&T I was paying over 150$. So I guest it was worth it. Plus you can used phones that are locked to AT&T (which means cheaper cost), plus you get to use AT&T's network towers and AT&Ts good update policy with WP's. Good luck.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Just by a quick search on the web, there's varying settings that can be used for MMS with Consumer Cellular, obviously not all of them will work for all phones.

It shouldn't matter what phone you're using to get support, as pretty much all reps at cellular companies are doofuses. I've had better luck messaging the providers through their facebook pages. Try that, if none of the settings around the web are working with your model.

John Lord66

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 635 Go Phone in October and it took me a week and 6 calls to get the LTE to work. Then I texted a pic to myself to fix the inability to send them to anyone else. A week later I had to send the Lumia into the repair center who then sent me a replacement. Went round and round with CC to set the replacement up but they cannot get LTE to work. I broke down and bought a Huawei Tribute Go Phone with LTE. Placed my sim into it but no LTE. Called CC today and she had me input the APN settings on their site for LTE. No go and the LTE signal strength here should be solid. ANy advice and can yoi tell me what your APN settings are for the phones with working LTE? I want to get either the Lumia or Android working to potential.
Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720