Lumia 521 power button

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i got the 520 which actually the same phone,try to replace it,also if your cover took many dents maybe it started to do not fit well,i got a new cover for my 520 and it was kinda easier to press it after that...

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
^^ good idea, cause I've basically been unlocking my phone with the camera button

521 is slighty larger than the 520 so the shells will not fit.

What I would do is remove the 521 shell, and check the power button on the shell iself. is just a small piece of plastic make sure that it is connected properly and place correctly. Sometimes it does comes loose.

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
521 is slighty larger than the 520 so the shells will not fit.

What I would do is remove the 521 shell, and check the power button on the shell iself. is just a small piece of plastic make sure that it is connected properly and place correctly. Sometimes it does comes loose.

The rubber piece on the back of the button may be out of place. So removing and reseating the cover may help.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, cause when I take the cover off and put it back on it will work for about 3-4 button presses then nothing

that is why you should check and make sure that the button on the cover are in correct position.

Make sure battery is seated properly has well.

Does yours phone not wake up and respond when pressing the button or from lockscreen?

weekenatbernies

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
It does, but sometimes I have to push hard

The volume bottoms and the camera button are perfect it's just the power bottom that feels kind of "mushy"

Brian Maloney

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I too am having this problem. Started happening a couple weeks ago. I took off the shell and tried to set it in, thinking something was off(perhaps I dropped it and don't recall, or bumped it while in my pocket). Has anyone discovered a fix and/or cause for this?

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
What happens is the soldering breaks or becomes loose around the power button due to repeated use. The only fix is to take the phone apart and resolder. Or use double tap.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My gf's phone does this. I took the case and back cover off and tried to use the button directly...Sort of have to push it in and downward for it to work. She's using an app pinned to the start menu/homescreen that locks the phone and she uses double tap to unlock.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If you guys can't seem to find a solution for fixing the button, just turn on Double Tap to wake, under TOUCH settings (you may need to update your settings)

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 521 has been having trouble with this. Has anyone found any apps to lock the screen? (I keep finding just apps to customize your lockscreen.)

Sally-Anne Sadler

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
That isn't an option on my touch menu. I am having the same issue. I have "solved" it by not letting it go to sleep...and run the battery down quickly.
I am not sure how to update settings, apart from the normal software updates. ???
sally anne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa