Lumia 620 Battery quickly drains after Cyan Update

Mario Giovanni

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have Lumia 620 and I've just updated the firmware to Lumia Cyan& WP 8.1... After a few minor lags and glitches , the latest is very concerning. Last night my battery was 30%. Normally, it would've lasted for another 10-12 hrs normal use. But in the morning, the battery was "extinct"! What is the problem? I had to recharge it, even if before this recent update, at 30% battery, I was still able to use the phone for another half day or something. I must add, I never let the WiFi / 3G ON, location service is off, and all the background apps are disabled. My Lumia battery "taught" me these hints looong time ago.
The point is my Lumia 620 phone didn't make it thru the night, and that really bothers me. Please advice!!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have Lumia 620 and I've just updated the firmware to Lumia Cyan& WP 8.1... After a few minor lags and glitches , the latest is very concerning. Last night my battery was 30%. Normally, it would've lasted for another 10-12 hrs normal use. But in the morning, the battery was "extinct"! What is the problem? I had to recharge it, even if before this recent update, at 30% battery, I was still able to use the phone for another half day or something. I must add, I never let the WiFi / 3G ON, location service is off, and all the background apps are disabled. My Lumia battery "taught" me these hints looong time ago.
The point is my Lumia 620 phone didn't make it thru the night, and that really bothers me. Please advice!!

I would like to confirm that you have gone through BATTERY SENSE after update and disabled background apps.
Secondly it would help to reduce battery consumption by changing EMAIL sync frequency.
Lastly just make sure battery charges to Full and give some settling time.

Just for ur information, "My lumia 620 on WP8.1 with Developer Preview gives around 13 hrs with WiFi full ON and chats [whatsapp, messenger and Hike]"

Mario Giovanni

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey Lumia friend :)
\And, thanx...Not very clear about Battery Sense, prior to Cyan it seemed easier to kill apps, but speaking of background, after updating to 8.1 Facebook doesn't want to close itself no more, it remains in background right after pressing left arrow, so I alwasy have to check if its still running....anyway, OF COURSE e-mail is set to sync on demand :wink: it's like the oldest trick in the book. What other advice do u have 4 me.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Lumia friend :)
\And, thanx...Not very clear about Battery Sense, prior to Cyan it seemed easier to kill apps, but speaking of background, after updating to 8.1 Facebook doesn't want to close itself no more, it remains in background right after pressing left arrow, so I alwasy have to check if its still running....anyway, OF COURSE e-mail is set to sync on demand :wink: it's like the oldest trick in the book. What other advice do u have 4 me.

Sorry for late response. I would say u just wait a week. Phone will start working fine. You must have noticed that Contact pictures and all get updated now, which means somethings are running in background. My phone has settled now and gives some good 10hr continuous net usage over wifi.

Vaibhav Shah2

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
first of all I know that the battery for 620 is too small to work all the background tasks with full 30 hours. But it is very fine if developers can provide further update for battery. Last update was awesome, it puts battery blasted to 24 hours from 12 hours. Moreover it would expected that the removal of restrictions for 20 background tasks in L620. It's now demand from 620 users, and developers need to fulfill it providing another battery update. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon