Lumia 625 or 820

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting my uncle a new phone for Christmas. He currently uses an iPhone 3G which he's had since it was released. It lags a lot and it doesn't really look that good anymore. Since he just started his own small business and meets up with customers on a weekly basis and needs to make many phone calls, takes notes, texts/whatsapp and takes pictures of products (mostly indoors). He just saw my new Lumia 820 and was really impressed by the hardware and simplicity of the software, plus he loved the screen size, cause he enjoys watching videos on youtube occasionally.
As Christmas is just around the corner I thought of surprising him by getting him a new phone (my mum would also chip in, as I wanted to get the Lumia 520 at first.) I am not quite sure which phone would be best for him, so I thought I'd turn to you guys for some help.
Thanks in advance for your tips :smile:

Last edited:

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting my uncle a new phone for Christmas. He currently uses an iPhone 3G which he's had since it was released. It lags a lot and it doesn't really look that good anymore. Since he just started his own small business and meets up with customers on a weekly basis and needs to make many phone calls, takes notes, texts/whatsapp and takes pictures of products (mostly indoors). He just saw my new Lumia 820 and was really impressed by the hardware and simplicity of the software, plus he loved the screen size, cause he enjoys watching videos on youtube occasionally.
As Christmas is just around the corner I thought of surprising him by getting him a new phone (my mum would also chip in, as I wanted to get the Lumia 520 at first.) I am not quite sure which phone would be best for him, so I thought I'd turn to you guys for some help.
Thanks in advance for your tips :smile:

I have both 520 and 820. I must say 820 is a better phone over all because of AMOLED SCREEN...removable battery and ofcourse it has 1gb ram nd nfc.....its camera is awesome i feel !

sent from my Nokia Lumia 820

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have both 520 and 820. I must say 820 is a better phone over all because of AMOLED SCREEN...removable battery and ofcourse it has 1gb ram nd nfc.....its camera is awesome i feel !

sent from my Nokia Lumia 820

The camera is awesome indeed! But is it just me, or is removing the back cover a pain in the behind...although it is still nice to have the option...

ilovenokia

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
How about L720 screen is good. and camera is awesome..

As unnatixlr8 said
Lumia 720 is the best because
1- 2000 mAh battery it is really amazing (better than 620 & 820 batteries)
2- strong Corning Gorilla Glass 2 screen protection.
3- nice unibody design it's really feels good

a real value for money

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The camera is awesome indeed! But is it just me, or is removing the back cover a pain in the behind...although it is still nice to have the option...

Yes, took me a while to get the back off on my Mum's 820 when she first had it.

She has found the 820 to be great by the way, I'd recommend it. Screen is great, so is the camera and the phone just feels rock solid. If I didn't pick up my 920 when I did at a good price, I'd be more than happy using the 820. The 720 is also a great phone, as others have mentioned. Both the 720 and 820 are great phones for their price now. I would think he would be happy with either of these.

arsh2013

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I am using 625 n its great... Long battery backup, 4g compaitable, 4.7" display and many more. Just one lack behind is 512 mb ram but believe me it makes me feel no difference bcoz wp is very different from android..... Its worth spending money on 625.....

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If its just taking photos and what sapping then 720 is a good deal it has a brilliant battery for he. 820 display is better but do your uncle see that? _720 is cheaper as well...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
820, its awesome over 625.. 625 just has a big screen.. No glance nor compas....neither Tap to wakup.. But dint require any of these.. Moreover, camera is better in 820... I expected 625 to have better camera and purchased 625,without confirming.
Go for 820

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 because 512mb ram phones doesn't support some games and apps . And on Lumia 820 you,can buy a bigger battery if you are not satisfied

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
From the sound of things, games and high end apps are not an issue. I like the idea of a 625. It is not available here in the states, but it seems like an under rated gem for low end cash.

But, simple is simple: If he likes your 820, I say go with what he knows he likes.

Also, really good he has someone who cares enoough to put this much effort into a decision for him. I applaud you.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Some of you were discussing about apps etc. I don't think he really cares about apps that much. Just needs a calculator, music and internet browser. I am actually leaning towards the Lumia 720 now, as it does have a greater battery life and similar specs to my phone (my 820 never lasts a day, even on WiFi and I am not a heavy user.) I am wondering tho, how is the 625's display? 800x480 on a 4.7" screen seems a bit odd. 😖

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Its not that odd.. Its sufficient, i don't even understand that it has poor resolution. Its fantastic for movies and office work due to screen benefit.

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3

vishalbswami

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything about 625 and 720 but i love my lumia 820. Screen of 820 is very eye catchy and graphics are also awesome. I am getting full day battery back up. I will advise to buy 820 only.

Sent from my RM-826_im_india_201 using Tapatalk

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so apparently the Lumia 820 isn't sold by Nokia anymore here in Malaysia, due to no demand. So its either the 720 or 625. I guess I'll just go to a Nokia store and talk with one of the salesmen...decide then. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster