Lumia 640 loose back cover?

BihagDave

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the Lumia 640 dual sim, and I noticed the back cover peels off quite easily, a little too easily to be honest. I wonder if its just in my phone or a general design flaw, but it feels like one small fall and it'll fly right off. Anyone else feel the same?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It could be a manufacturing defect.

Go to the place you bought it from and see if other models have the same issue. Or check out a store that has them and see if it's similar. Could be a broken or missing clip.

If you bought it online see what the return policy is and have it replaced.

Koenc

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought 2 640's this week: a black matte for me and a white glossy for my daughter. I have a firmer grip on the black one which fits tight around the phone. The glossy one feels like it could slip more easily out of your hand while the cover is more loose around the phone.

mivv246

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with my 640. Top corners had some sort of slack, untill I stick them to the phone body with double taped band. :D

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is loose up the tip corners.I think its an intentional design decision.It makes no difference to anything though,as long as you don't drop the phone it wont come apart.You still have to use some force to get it off

tony19833

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is loose up the tip corners.I think its an intentional design decision.It makes no difference to anything though,as long as you don't drop the phone it wont come apart.You still have to use some force to get it off

Yes i agree mine is matte black and is loose in top right its nothing to worry about.

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the blue cover and both top corners "creaked" a little more than they should when squeezed. I took the thinnest black rubber band I could find and cut a super thin slice and put them in the corners as shown by the red arrows. You don't want anything that will permanently squish flat, like tape, but something instead that will retain its rebounding properties, like the rubber band. You shouldn't have to squeeze very hard to fit it, and looking at the side profile there shouldn't be any bulge. Thin. Yes... I say, a "sliver-thin" shaving of rubber band. That'll do it!

If this doesn't work. Just throw my advice in the trash. Also, enjoy this picture of my cat.Lumia Squeek-vert.jpg
Edit: After re-reading the original post. I guess my solution doesn't address the cover coming off too easily. It's meant to address the squeeking.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786