Lumia 640 now or later..?

Manoj Giri

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to buy a phone for my Dad, 50yrs old. I'm considering Lumia 640, as it's under my budget. I want to know whether I wait for a month (basically waiting for a new device to be launched) and then buy or just buy it now?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a great device that is available now. In one month nothing new will be in the store (Oct/Nov more likely), and anything new will have a new premium on it.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
If your dad is anything like my grandparents, who use their 635s for texting, sports scores, the weather, news, etc., then the 640 will be a perfectly fine device for your dad.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There's no reason to hold off on such a fantastic phone at this price point. The T-Mo version sells for $99 in the US and now the AT&T GoPhone version is being sold at $79. You simply can't go wrong with this phone.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I would have to say that dollar for dollar the 640 is the best value in a smartphone, any smart phone. This phone should help push WP up the ladder a bit. I am super pleased with the one I picked up a short while ago. Was going to wait for a upper end WP; but now I really don't know if I need too. Don't need to have the best phone in town; just one that does everything I need it to do. And this one does that and more, nuff said. As the owner of both a 640 and a Moto G lte, I can tell you which one I would keep if I could only have one, and I can also tell you which OS I prefer after having both. Google has crippled the SD capabilities on the Lollipop vers of Android. While you can almost put every app on the SD card of your WP, you can put very few apps on the SD card of a Lollipop Android phone. And even those only put part of the app on the SD card and most is still on the phone. They have killed the Android phones with only 8GB of storage. Thanks Microsoft for helping out the low/middle phones.

Magikal

May 15, 2015
Visit site
640 is the best choice for a mid-ranger. You won't find such reliability & stability in any other phone (including android) in this price tag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo