Lumia 730 display damaged. How can I protect my data, when trying to repair it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 730 display damaaged.

Hi ,
My lumia 730 display got damaged and i thought of repairing it.But i worried about data in the phone.I have installed security lock app for and i kept few documents in the app.But the app is installed on sd card and sdcard is removed by me although. Now my problem if i gave the phone to service centre will they be able to view my files.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 display damaaged.

Hi ,
My lumia 730 display got damaged and i thought of repairing it.But i worried about data in the phone.I have installed security lock app for and i kept few documents in the app.But the app is installed on sd card and sdcard is removed by me although. Now my problem if i gave the phone to service centre will they be able to view my files.

they wouldn't be able to view your files if they are just doing the physical repair, not unless you gave them your unlock code or the pin

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 display damaaged.

Well they can't view the files if they're on the card you are holding can they?

Also worth noting that you should have ensured you had backups of data. Heck, making backups of data and erasing the phone before shipping would've been your best bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes