Lumia 820 screen problems

jansink

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have got spots on my Lumia 820 screen, this is getting worser! It looks like condensation behind the glass.
Anyone else got this problem?

20121128_151118.jpg

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ooh, I see them in the pic. They don't wipe off? Gads, they look almost like... fingerprints on the inside of the glass. Can you take it back to the place you got it?

jansink

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem is I bought the phone at an online shop in Germany (cyberport.de) while I myself live in Holland. So i'm still looking for a solution to this problem.

jansink

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I did.... Nokia Netherlands can't help me because the phone is not officialy released here and they are sending me to Nokia Germany..... But Nokia Germany is sending me back to Nokia Netherlands... So it's a bit of a loop and no one can tell me what to do.

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Write to cyberport. I had repair issues with them already(I life in germany). They were friendly and tried their best. But the company doing the repairs needed 3 weeks to send the not repaired device to me(could not repair it).
Still... better than nothing!

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think my phone might be developing this issue, does seem to wipe off but not 100% completely a quick run over with your finger and they appear back. Can see me taking this back to the shop soon.

gw166579

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My 820 phone has same issue to much lesser extent. I have only had it few days and I have been very careful with it. I'm convinced its a manufacturing issue no amount careful cleaning removes the marks.

David Ritchie

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I also have just bought the 820. and not even one week after I got it I noticed I had a similar problem like yours, however it seems to be under the screen and the digitizer, its like blobs of ink, but I can only see it when watching a film or movie, i.e when the screen is dark but not off. and I cant take a picture of it coz any light on the screen hides it.

Ptreadde

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Exactly the same 'foggy' patch at the top developed after about a week as in your photo, and now another larger patch at the bottom has appeared. Frustrating. Wonder if this is going to be a flaw across all of them. Getting a replacement tomorrow.

jansink

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Exactly the same 'foggy' patch at the top developed after about a week as in your photo, and now another larger patch at the bottom has appeared. Frustrating. Wonder if this is going to be a flaw across all of them. Getting a replacement tomorrow.

Did you get a replacement? Do this replacement have the same issue, or is it ok? I hope to receive a replacement later this week.

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at phones4u in the uk and thankfully havent had this issue. so its possible that there different batches out there. my 14 month old daughter has chucked the phone a few times on the floor but so far no scratches either for those that had concerns about non gorilla glass on the 820

Ptreadde

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, replacement had the exactly the same issue develop, different area of the screen. The shop (phones4u) said was likely from the same delivery batch as my first handset. Said they hadn't had any other returns with this issue but refunded me as clearly something wrong. Will probably go for an 820 again, but use a different shop!

sliprock

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
My 820 has the same issue. AT&T won't replace the phone and have advised me to take it up with Nokia. Looks like the problem is surfacing more each day.

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second Lumia 820 as well and both have the same issue. I'm taking mine back to Vodafone Australia today. If the third will be the same I will definitely move to another brand!

Any news from Nokia? or they are keeping it on the hush?

sliprock

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have sent my phone to Nokia via their pre-paid post. The Nokia rep I spoke with stated he had never heard of the problem. In my statement describing the issue I mentioned this board and how others are experiencing the same issue. I hope they fix the phone. Will post outcome later.

Tony302

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This has to be an issue with the phones in general. Mine has developed exactly the same problem as the originals posters photo shows. Just in a different area of the screen. At first I thought I must've dropped it when I was drunk but I am pretty certain I didn't. It fades when you clean the screen but returns almost immediately upon using the phone again. Very disappointed looks like a warranty return I suppose. Im in Brisbane Australia.

JonnyH89

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have weird circle marks on mine, only visible when greasy with fingerprints. I'm taking it back to phones4u tomorrow with some sale of goods act info printed out that pretty much proves they are responsible and have to replace it. I don't want to wait for Nokia repair, any one else in the same boat should do the same. I'll post tomorrow how I get on.

UPDATE: Yay, Phones4U replaced my phone no problem. Perfect screen on this one.

Last edited:

jimbojimbo007

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My 820 started with a faint shadow of blue on the right hand side, spread across the screen overnight and by morning completely covered in blue :( never been dropped or anything like it - I left it back to the Carphone Warehouse who sent it for repair, no replacement phone, no phone for 28 days under contract :( VERY VERY unhappy with Nokia right now... no amount of complaining or contacting would get me a replacement phone - I hope after 28 days that they just give me a replacement from a different batch!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion