Lumia 822 Windows 8.1 update stuck on Charging Logo

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I am currently updating my Lumia 822 to Windows 8.1
The update got downloaded 100% then it asked to Install I confirmed and then it again asked to Restart phone I confirmed it
but after shutting down the phone is not starting if I press Power Button it shows "Charging logo"
When I started the download my battery was 46% charged and I have already kept it on charging all throughout the process.

Is it because as mentioned in this official MS page How do I update my Windows Phone software? | Windows Phone How-to (India) that "We won't perform the update unless your phone has sufficient power."
I am confused should I manually force restart or wait for the battery to charge 100% which may take after 60-90 mins?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your phone is connected to the original Nokia charger (and original cable). This is higher power than many replacements and should be able to charge the phone and update the phone at the same time. It is always best to have 100% charge before starting an update though, and be plugged in.

If the battery dies in an update you will get that charging/battery logo. As soon as the battery has charged to boot capacity (around 30%) it will run the update process again. Providing a good charger is connected it should still work. If a low power charger is connected the phone might not be able to run the update before the battery dies again.

I had a similar issue to you once though with an update even when plugged into a Nokia charger. I think I just removed power and re-plugged in and it progressed past the charger screen despite initially appearing stuck on it.

vipresh

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
@realwarder - Yes I was charging with the original charger that came with the phone. But as you suggested I waited for it to charge up to its required level and then the Installation proceeded without any glitches.
Some times the best solution is to wait it out, Thanks for the reply ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss