Lumia 830 QI charging pin fallen off, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 QI charging pin fallen off

I noticed my phone wasn't charging today, and upon inspection, one of the two little pins under the back cover that the QI circuit connects to is missing. I removed the case this morning when the phone crashed so I assume it fell out then.

How do I fix this?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 QI charging pin fallen off

One of the pins on the phone, broke on mine. I just trimmed a piece of a paper clip and wrapped it in foil tape and inserted it on where the qi pin is located and it works.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

One of the pins on the phone, broke on mine. I just trimmed a piece of a paper clip and wrapped it in foil tape and inserted it on where the qi pin is located and it works.

You'll have to DIY a way to bridge the broken electrical connection. This is one such way.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Pretty simple really. Something metal or aluminum needs to be touching the Qi connectors on the back cover. You prolly don't need the piece of paper clip, just fold a square piece of foil to fit that little section where the pin is and make sure it touches the connection. The reason my broke is be cause I was working with original back covers from the UK and they were designed differently compared to the att version and I was messing with the pins and one of them broke off.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Here's how it looks on the inside:
WP_20160216_23_43_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20160216_23_40_36_Pro.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members