Lumia 830 vs Moto G (2nd gen): comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 vs Moto G (2nd gen): FIGHT!!

Actually comparing 830 with 2nd gen Moto g is not fair, Moto g is a mid ranged phone & 830 is a higher mid ranged phone(some might even consider it as a high end phone)

sam6691

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

I totally agree with you, price is a deciding factor.. As for as me I see quality rather Than quantity.. L830 has better features than Moto g N big advantage it's WP not a LAGDROID...

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree with you, price is a deciding factor.. As for as me I see quality rather Than quantity.. L830 has better features than Moto g N big advantage it's WP not a LAGDROID...

Yeah, lagdroid, Virdroid. WPs have quality, good built & are designed beautifully etc.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

This must be the third "Lumia 830 vs Moto G" thread. Oh, and Lumia 830 for my money... no contest.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you read the review?

First of all, I always find it petty when people on forums complain about thread duplication. You'll live.

Anyway, I don't doubt that a lot of people on these forums prefer the design and OS on the 830; I do too. But generally speaking, the Moto G sounds like a heck of a deal, truly high quality for a really good price. The 830's higher-end build and camera are worth maybe another $100, tops. If it were, that would place it at $279, which I would consider plenty reasonable. All this being said, I basing my thoughts on the supposed $430 price that's being converted from the price in Euros.

Last edited by a moderator:

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

First of all, I always find it petty when people on forums complain about thread duplication. You'll live.

Anyway, I don't doubt that a lot of people on these forums prefer the design and OS on the 830; I do too. But generally speaking, the Moto G sounds like a heck of a deal, truly high quality for a really good price. The 830's higher-end build and camera are worth maybe another $100, tops. If it were, that would place it at $279, which I would consider plenty reasonable. All this being said, I basing my thoughts on the supposed $430 price that's being converted from the price in Euros.

If you want a cheap phone, go for xiaomi, the best xiaomi phone(with monstrous specs) costs around the price of 730. A xiaomi phone can give you the same specs as Moto g does for around half of its price. I might add that 730/830 are definitely not cheap, but at least the X30 series has launched at a cheaper price as compared to X20 series. Its a personal choice which phone you want to buy

Douglas_B

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

Many sites, including this one, discourage thread duplication. From the forum rules:
Search Before Posting - Often times questions and/or topics have already been discussed in an existing thread. Before posting a new thread, please try the search feature.

Keeping discussions in one place both keeps down forum clutter and helps keep the discussion going since everyone can read/comment in one common thread. My guess is hasisimo wasn't trying to be petty, he just wants the forum to stay organized.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Many sites, including this one, discourage thread duplication. From the forum rules:
Search Before Posting - Often times questions and/or topics have already been discussed in an existing thread. Before posting a new thread, please try the search feature.

Keeping discussions in one place both keeps down forum clutter and helps keep the discussion going since everyone can read/comment in one common thread. My guess is hasisimo wasn't trying to be petty, he just wants the forum to stay organized.

You are right, I agree with you. Members should be aware of forum rules

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Lol, considering the fact the Lumia 830 wasn't meant to compete with the low end market, this isn't such a fair comparison. Direct competition to the Lumia 830, considering the price, would be phones like the Nexus 5 or OnePlusOne.

But in any case, if you compare the Moto G 2nd generation to phones like the Lumia 630 and 730, it absolutely crushes them in most aspects.

Similarly if you compare the 830 to it's Android alternatives, in the same or less price, the Nexus 5 and OnePlusOne crush it.

But in any case, the Moto G2 wins. Just my opinion though.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

Maybe he wasn't, but there's always that guy in every forum and I'm just like... jeez give it a rest. Every broad idea like "830 vs something else" is obviously going to have other threads. I linked to a specific article that gave some concrete details on the Moto G, and I think that's worthy of its own thread. And if I accidentally totally duplicated a thread? I'm sorry for that I guess... it's not a big deal.

Lol, considering the fact the Lumia 830 wasn't meant to compete with the low end market, this isn't such a fair comparison. Direct competition to the Lumia 830, considering the price, would be phones like the Nexus 5 or OnePlusOne.

But in any case, if you compare the Moto G 2nd generation to phones like the Lumia 630 and 730, it absolutely crushes them in most aspects.

Similarly if you compare the 830 to it's Android alternatives, in the same or less price, the Nexus 5 and OnePlusOne crush it.

But in any case, the Moto G2 wins. Just my opinion though.

I guess that's sort of my point. Pitted against another "flagship" of similar price, the 830 specs are subpar. And against similarly spec'd phones, the 830 is significantly more expensive. It just seems to be awkwardly positioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

I guess that's sort of my point. Pitted against another "flagship" of similar price, the 830 specs are subpar. And against similarly spec'd phones, the 830 is significantly more expensive. It just seems to be awkwardly positioned.

While the Nexus 5 and OnePlusOne are somewhat "special" cases because they are sold at nearly break even(if that's the word) or subsidized.

Considering that many high end smart phones are made for around $200 - $300, if Microsoft had just considering selling the 830 for say $350 with near flagship specs, it might've been more popular.

Maybe Microsoft may have needed to subsidize it a little bit but they aren't exactly a poor company, I mean they have been supporting an OS that has had pretty rough chances of success since the past four years.

The 830 is an odd device and I don't see it selling that well, I could be wrong though.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

While the Nexus 5 and OnePlusOne are somewhat "special" cases because they are sold at nearly break even(if that's the word) or subsidized.

Considering that many high end smart phones are made for around $200 - $300, if Microsoft had just considering selling the 830 for say $350 with near flagship specs, it might've been more popular.

Maybe Microsoft may have needed to subsidize it a little bit but they aren't exactly a poor company, I mean they have been supporting an OS that has had pretty rough chances of success since the past four years.

The 830 is an odd device and I don't see it selling that well, I could be wrong though.

The thing I'll say in defense of the 830 is I don't know the USD price of it - it may be a direct conversion of the figures we already know in euros or pounds. I would personally find ~$300 a fairly decent price. Whatever the case, I really hope the phone does well. Even if it doesn't have super high end specs inside, as long as people are convinced of its flagship status while paying a lot less than an iPhone or S5, it could very well be a hit.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

The thing I'll say in defense of the 830 is I don't know the USD price of it - it may be a direct conversion of the figures we already know in euros or pounds. I would personally find ~$300 a fairly decent price. Whatever the case, I really hope the phone does well. Even if it doesn't have super high end specs inside, as long as people are convinced of its flagship status while paying a lot less than an iPhone or S5, it could very well be a hit.

What I've noticed is that even people that have no clue about technology used in phone, do start searching up reviews and specs when trying out a new OS, especially when it's Windows Phone.

Since OnePlusOne will be widely available soon, the already available Nexus 5 and the upcoming 6 the 830 is definitely a bad choice, unless you desperately want to support Windows Phone.

The 830 IMO will appeal to those that

A) Want an overpriced upgrade from their 820.

B) Those that don't know about Nexus or OnePlus.

So that's why I believe 830 is definitely not a good deal. It has good features, like the camera, but the price isn't justified in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans