Lumia 920 After BLACK: Camera Bugs and Other Issues [BUG REPORT] [POLL]

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ehem, did I anywhere mention anything about quality compared to new phones? And you're proposing that all of a sudden, such blurs and tints appeared out of nowhere and current 920 owners are supposed to live with that? And I'm no ***** to understand how to get focus of the object that I'm trying to shoot.

You're being so off-topic here. Take a notice of the screenshot I posted in the first post of this thread. Do they look out-of-focus? :p And FYI, I have contacted both Juha and @NokiaHelps and what Nokia told me was to reset my phone and blah blah which I did more than twice since Amber and Black. Nothing changed.

I said it was a "bug" because it never happened to me during Portico. Okay, say the image quality was supposed to be like this in the Lumia 920. Then why aren't the images that appear in preview not affected with this problem? Why are they being so accurate in terms of colour and sharpness? If both preview and the final image were the same, I wouldn't have come this far to talk about this issue. It's this that makes me sure that the camera post-processing algorithms are bugged which makes the shots taken with my Lumia 920 end up with reduced sharpness (blurs) and greenish tints.

I hope you understood that and I hope you post a better reply next time.

WHAT IS SO OF-TOPIC HERE ???????? AND YOU ARE NO ONE TO JUDGE MY POST/REPLY (MODERATORS ARE HERE TO JUDGE THIS ) ;)
regarding the issue , the screenshot does not have any detail , yes the image in screenshots are sharper but after the post processing ; image have lot more details when compared to that screenshot , you should have look at this thread :- http://forums.windowscentral.com/ph...ooth-post-processing-conundrum-explained.html

dpthai

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
My phone has the same issue. The pictures pre-processed are sharp, clear and accurate but after processing they look blurry and kind of yellow (especially with pictures taken under neon light). For pictures taken outside with good lighting, there is no yellow tone but the colors look sad and gloomy. I found that the Fix function in "Crop, Rotate, Auto-fix" can fix the yellow tone but only on occasions. I also have to use Creative Studio to increase the clarity (sharpness) of the photos but of course the result is not as good as the pre-processed photos.

Some have told that this is because of Nokia's image processing to reduce noise but honestly I don't realize any difference in noise.

Yesterday I downloaded the Instagram beta app. When I took a photo within the app it looked gorgeous until I pressed the "Done" button. Everything went exactly like Nokia's process so I think this process applies to all apps in store.

So disappointed.

Deepak Singh 07

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
well i am still new to lumia family. i own a L720 and just got updated to black and the volume problem is solved in the black version but the camera app not only default but each of them all lenses got sevierly messed up they cant focus and whole image comes out a blurred peice of crap. even tap to focus dont work and now i have no idea what to do with it. is there a solution for it?
even a hit and try idea will work.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My phone has the same issue. The pictures pre-processed are sharp, clear and accurate but after processing they look blurry and kind of yellow (especially with pictures taken under neon light). For pictures taken outside with good lighting, there is no yellow tone but the colors look sad and gloomy. I found that the Fix function in "Crop, Rotate, Auto-fix" can fix the yellow tone but only on occasions. I also have to use Creative Studio to increase the clarity (sharpness) of the photos but of course the result is not as good as the pre-processed photos.

Some have told that this is because of Nokia's image processing to reduce noise but honestly I don't realize any difference in noise.

Yesterday I downloaded the Instagram beta app. When I took a photo within the app it looked gorgeous until I pressed the "Done" button. Everything went exactly like Nokia's process so I think this process applies to all apps in store.

So disappointed.

Also with 1520 same issue. The photo after postprocessing is completely ruined :-(((((
NOKIA WAKE UP AND FIX IT !!!!!!!! (OR, FOR ME, MY 920 IS THE LAST NOKIA/MICROSOFT DEVICE :-| )

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
That happens to me to, when i am to close to the subject (ofc focus can't take it to be so close). Does that happen in landscape shoots as well?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I think this would be my last windows phone unless they will fix the camera algorithms in the next 8.1 update. They are so hyped about adding a lot of features but they forget to fix the main features of lumia.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm returned to Portico and now I'm happy :)))))
I will create a new threat in the future and explain my migration (the best and worst of it :) )

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I think this would be my last windows phone unless they will fix the camera algorithms in the next 8.1 update. They are so hyped about adding a lot of features but they forget to fix the main features of lumia.

They didn't fix it in Black, they won't fix it in 8.1. We will have to live with it or switch phones.

Here is a comparison of all the main camera apps: (note, all focusing was pointed towards the phone's keypad because I didn't want to focus the wall behind).

Nokia Pro:
12610997364_7222401097_z.jpg

1Shot:
12611019184_f08a09293c_z.jpg

Camera360
12611014104_fbe1982990_z.jpg

OneShot
12611002984_6c848d39d5_z.jpg

ProShot
12611000934_048ff3ce7c_z.jpg

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I've only scanned this thread - I haven't read it in detail - so I may be way off base or making a point already pointed out. But you know that when you look at a picture on the 920 you're looking at a purposely decreased and altered image so that response time isn't affected by huge pictures, right? If you want to see the actual picture, you need to copy if off to your PC and look at it there (and I recommend cable sync, as I don't believe WP will upload or send full-size, full-resolution images unless you're on a 1020 or above.)

If this has already been addressed, never mind. :)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
So I've only scanned this thread - I haven't read it in detail - so I may be way off base or making a point already pointed out. But you know that when you look at a picture on the 920 you're looking at a purposely decreased and altered image so that response time isn't affected by huge pictures, right? If you want to see the actual picture, you need to copy if off to your PC and look at it there (and I recommend cable sync, as I don't believe WP will upload or send full-size, full-resolution images unless you're on a 1020 or above.)
If this has already been addressed, never mind. :)

Use HD Photo Viewer app to see the photos with the real resolution on 920 ;-) (but remember that postprocessing issue that degenerates the photos still remains, also if you use this app or if you look the photos on your pc or you print them in a professional photo studio ;-) )

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb