lumia 920 in for repair

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
The accelerometer broke on my phone, so having to send it into Rogers to repair/replace...so using an iPhone for the next week or two till I get my phone back, will be a different experience as I have never had to use one more than troubleshooting it.

So far miss the live tiles and not having to go into an app for twitter/facebook.
Is there a way to get those two apps in the notification center so that I don't have to go into them?

Mail - so far not fully liking that there is always a number there even though I have read what I want to read.
Is there a way to turn this off so that once you go into your inbox and back out the number doesn't show even though there is still unread mail in there?

What phone do other people use when their phone breaks or is in for repairs for a week?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't answer any of your iPhone questions because I've never had one. However, I usually have two phones going and currently have the 920 and a Galaxy S 3. I generally swap my SIM between the two every week or so because I get bored easily if using just one phone. So if either needs to be sent for repair, I'll have the other one to use until the other gets back.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
The accelerometer broke on my phone, so having to send it into Rogers to repair/replace...so using an iPhone for the next week or two till I get my phone back, will be a different experience as I have never had to use one more than troubleshooting it.

So far miss the live tiles and not having to go into an app for twitter/facebook.
Is there a way to get those two apps in the notification center so that I don't have to go into them?

Mail - so far not fully liking that there is always a number there even though I have read what I want to read.
Is there a way to turn this off so that once you go into your inbox and back out the number doesn't show even though there is still unread mail in there?

What phone do other people use when their phone breaks or is in for repairs for a week?

1- For facebook and twitter, go to Settings> scroll down to facebook and twitter apps and sign in with your accounts and it will show in your notification center

2- Mail, as far as i know, unread msges will always show as notifcation in numbers! if you turn off notifications then im not sure if you will be notified when you get a new email! i hope someone can help you better!

Please google or bing your questions