Lumia 920 not connecting full speed USB 2.0

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a used Lumia 920 with Black installed. For some reason when I connect it to my computer it doesn't recognize it as a USB 2.0 device. It runs at 1.1 speed and it took an hour to transfer my photos with my old Lumia 810, which I also had the problem with. Funny thing is on my work computer running XP SP3 it connects fine and at full 2.0 speed. Is there a specific driver needed for Windows 7 Ultimate x64? I re-installed the WinUSB drivers as I have seen online and have the Windows Phone app installed. I have alot of music I want to download onto the phone but want it to run at 2.0 speed and not have to leave it on all night doing so... Anyone else have or had a similar issue and give me any words of wisdom? It's an AT&T version of the 920 unlocked by them and the 810 is T-mobile also unlocked by them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What I would suggest doing is uninstalling all the drivers, devices and programs on the W7 machine.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program

Uninstall the Windows Phone app and any Nokia drivers

Uninstall devices -> Start -> Devices and Printers -> Right click WP -> Remove device (do it for both WPs) Make sure your devices are not connected via USB when doing this.

Though probably not necessary, restart the computer.

Now, connect your L920 to the machine. Let it install properly (it takes time) and make sure it finds all the drivers. When it's installing you can click on the Driver Install icon (looks like a disk drive with a green ball going round it) and ensure that all the drivers are being installed. Any that don't install allow W7 to go find them. This will give you the best result.

Do the same for your other WP. Remember, it takes time install properly and to allow W7 to find the drivers.

Now, it's entirely up to you if you want to install the WP app.

Anyway, that's my recommendation. It should do the job.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Did that and still gives the same popup. Everything else I own i.e. iPad, PSP Go, wifey's 4S etc... works fine and connect full speed 2.0

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I know I posted this a few weeks ago... but I still cannot connect full USB 2.0. I uninstalled the Windows Phone App and the WinUSB driver and re-installed the Windows Phone app after I wiped my phone. Any suggestions?

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried 3 different cables and different USB ports. I mean for a simple transfer I don't mind but when I sync my music library it takes for freakin ever

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077