Lumia 920 Screen Scratches

RusB

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
After a replacement motherboard install by Nokia care due to my bricked 920, they also replaced my screen as suffered three deep sratches after a weeks ownership. No idea how! Since i received the repaired phone back, no freezes, no squeaking case (did prior to visit to Nokia) and a screen that has remained scratch free after well over a month. I feel there are some defective screens out there, me having one of them with the original one.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My screen somehow was scratched after it was in my pocket by itself. Maybe I accidentally hit it against one of the metal parts of my pants... I don't know. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this: Nokia Lumia 920 scratch remover – Buy

It seems too cheap to be legitimate and the website itself seems kind of sketchy.

I'd like to know that as well. If it isn't legitimate, does anyone know another way to rid your screen of small scratches?

The whole scratch-issue is not a hoax guys, I've got a small scratch on the screen myself. I don't know why, I noticed it after I put it in my backpack, but there wasn't anything else in there... I really expected more from something called Corning Gorilla Glass 2...

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I already posted a while back in this thread but I'll update my experience. If I hold my phone out in direct sunlight I can notice quite a few very minor scratches. Some very short, maybe a 1/4" long, some longer about an inch long. I treat this phone exactly the same as I have my previous 4 iPhones(yes that is 4 years of iPhone devices) and I have more scratches on my Lumia than I do all 4 iDevices put together. Now thankfully the scratches are not terribly noticeable, and mostly only in direct sunlight but I'm disheartened to say the least. Especially since the phone is always in my pocket with nothing else in the same pocket, never set screen side down on a table.

The kicker though, is I have all of these scratches from who knows where, and then yesterday I dropped the phone out of my pocket(first time I've ever dropped this phone) straight onto a concrete floor from chair height and not a single mark hahahaha. Concrete is no match, but apparently pocket lint is :winktongue:

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've looked after my 920 but in certain light I can see loads of hairline scratches all over the screen, I really dont know how they got there.......I keep my phone in a dedicated pocket and NEVER with keys or money, etc

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with my first 920 - scratches appearing from nowhere. The rear of the case (on a black 920) also seemed to attract loads of small dark black dots when put in the CC1043 case to the point at which they were easily visible.

Eventually sent it in for repair with Orange and Nokia and after 4 weeks of hassle got a replacement. The new one has no such issue. I no longer use a screen protector and the rear of the phone is good as new despite being in the CC1043 case. Definitely some faulty phones...

Czol211

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry for bumping an old thread but the scratch issues with the 920 are riddiculous - mine already has major scratches after 1 month of use and it has not been carried in a bag full of nails mixed with sand ;)
I'm afraid I could actually scratch it with my fingernails.

I mean come on, my stepdad's S2 landed many,many times on the ground has zero scratches....are Nokia cheating on us with that Gorilla Glass story?
I tried to polish the scratches away but with 0 result. Scratch remover just does not work.

simi_id

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Toothpaste ....

Apply a layer of toothpaste on your Lumia 925 screen.
Wait for 2-3 minutes, then firmly push and clean it with a soft tissue.
Then with another clean soft tissue clean the screen again.
Repeat the operation if the scratches didn't disappear completely.
The very deep scratches which you can feel with your nail, I don't think will disappear so easy.

Last edited:

Manikanta Reddy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure, that applying tooth paste ,would just polish the screen and not remove some sort of protective films or whatsoever. It kind of freaks me out, the idea of applying toothpaste!!!!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure, that applying tooth paste ,would just polish the screen and not remove some sort of protective films or whatsoever. It kind of freaks me out, the idea of applying toothpaste!!!!
yes indeed, you would possibly remove some scratches, add really fine ones, but certainly remove the hydrophobic coating that is on there. I'd prefer small scratches over an always greasy screen.

simi_id

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

I've cleaned 2 screen until now and didn't removed anything ... it's brand as new ... just my opinion ...
If some coat was removed there would had been some difference between the removed coat and the rest of the screen and there is no difference.
Also if that coat would had been removed by toothpaste, it could be removed also same way in time with cleaning it in normal way.
As I said, just firmly push to clean it, not too hard press. And the toothpaste clean the teeth but the screen is not made from calcium.

Last edited:

martinerous

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I just managed to get a little scratch on my Lumia 920. In the morning I noticed that the screen is a bit greasy, so I quickly rubbed it against my pillow couple of times. And now I have a tiny scratch which can be felt with a fingernail and seen when the screen is blank. I guess, there was a tiny grain of sand or something like that on my pillow.
You can't get scratches when dropping, hitting or cutting the phone, but it's enough to have a tiny particle of something harder than Gorilla glass (or that oleophobic coating).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124